Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Life's Road

Along life's road we find surprises around each turn.
Little serendipities that might change the direction we travel.
Maybe even big changes come along and we are suddenly
traveling to a different place.
A place unplanned, which may be full of emotions
such as pure terror or maybe, just maybe, pure delight.
Do you like surprises?
Do they terrify you?
I must say yes to both.
But what is the alternative?
To stay in one place, never to dream, never to be terrified,
never to be delighted;
now for me that would be met with great sadness.
So I dream, I learn, I travel down the road with trepidation
and I am happy sipping my tea along the way.

The photo was taken along the highway to Mt. Hood.
It was taken with my little vintage Brownie box camera.
Loving playing with different photography formats,
though I must say digital is certainly the easiest.

6 comments:

Sylvia said...

Life is a journey, a road we all must travel. I believe we should embrace it with faith! Travel it with courage and enjoy each new adventure. Hope your new day is filled with joy and blessings.

Tracy said...

Wonderful image, Marilyn... it has a great passage of time feeling! Life has it's many twists and turns, for sure. And surprises can be at once sweet as unnerving. What's often interesting about the unnerving bumps in life, is that they can often lead to new territory in the heart to cover, recover or mend. Not a bad thing--we grown more then. And life's downs have a way of making ups appreciate the ups all the more! And tea makes the best all around life companion and calm'er-down'er though, went hitting one of life's bumps. ;o)

Jeanie said...

this is a terrific image, Marilyn, and your words match it so well. I'm impressed you still have and use your Brownie. Do you do your own developing, too?

Lorrie said...

Such a great image to go along with your words. I like to go on adventures but I'm happy at home, too.

Angela McRae said...

I must confess I'm a stick-in-the-mud and don't like surprises very much! Perhaps that comes with being a bit of a control-freak kind of person. But I'm learning to do better. I recently read someone's advice to "be fluid, because being *flexible* isn't good enough." I thought that was great advice, especially for someone like myself who has a hard time aiming at flexible!

Laura Morrigan said...

Very inspiring! Thank you! I like to think that even events that seem bad at the time are leading us the right way! You give me hope! <3