Monday, December 14, 2009

Enamored with Glass - part #2


While traveling in France I walked by this window with lovely
glass jugs and bottles. Thinking about being enamored with glass, I took the picture just for you.
We have similar traits to glass:
Reflection - We often reflect on our faces the mood of what is happening around us. Are we sad when we visit someone in the hospital or are we happy when we visit the carnival?
Fragile -We can break if dropped and our hearts can be broken if hurt.
Shaping - Often through tough times or "going through the fire" we are shaped into what we become.
Strong - We become stronger through the thickness of our skin.
Beauty - We are beautiful no matter the shape.
Vessel - We take and hold things in our hearts.
And sometimes we are broken, but we can gather the pieces together to make something new and beautiful, such as mosaics.
What other comparisons can you think of today?

9 comments:

Coleen said...

sometimes there is a crack...but, that is how the light gets in..my heart is cracked wide open today...

Heart Hugs,
Coleen

Angela McRae said...

I don't think there is anything I would add to that! Thanks for another lovely and thought provoking post!

Jeanne said...

I love beautiful glass.
Love you
Merry Christmas♥

beth said...

I kind of collect glass bottles and these are wonderful...

tea time and roses said...

Hello Marilyn,

Beautiful glass, beautiful post. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. Enjoy a lovely week.

Smiles...

Beverly

Relyn Lawson said...

I, too, am enamoured of glass. And your words give me much to ponder.

Unknown said...

Like a beautiful glass jug, sometimes we are half full, and other days half empty.

My youngest daughter is an art student, one of her classes being "Glass". I have all kinds of glass, she made me a beer mug, various little glasses, a vase. All with a little imperfection here and there so typical of someone just learning that craft. But I love them, and use them all.
Love your post too.

parTea lady said...

Transparent - You can see right through some people - their motives, etc.
Opaque - People where you have to say - a penny for your thoughts - they're not easy to read.

I'm enjoying your glass posts and great photos.

Mary said...

How special glass is - a perfect fusion of Nature's wonders - clean, smooth, colorful, clear or clouded, I love it.

Great image Marilyn.