Thursday, December 31, 2009

JOY is the word


The past couple days I have been away celebrating
the 90th birthday of my mother-in-law.
It was a wonderful celebration full of joy.

JOY is the word I have selected for next year.
It actually felt daunting when it first came to me.
I thought maybe I would have to go to comedy clubs
or read a joke of the day, but I am beginning to learn
to live with it and realize it is much more.
Interestingly, at the Soulstice party I went to we drew words
for next year out of a bowl and I drew "JOY". I had already
decided on the word and then it was confirmed.

"When you mix lots of happiness
with lots of sadness you get joy"
Jerome Berryman

I wish for you much JOY in the New Year.
I would love to know if you pick a word.

10 comments:

Adrienne said...

And much joy to you, my friend! See you soon! Happy New Year to you and yours. ~Adrienne~

Cathy said...

I wish JOY to you and your family this coming year, joy to us all.

Happy New Year Marilyn. May 2010 be a healthy and happy year for everyone.

Coleen said...

my word is Miracles

Heart Hugs,
Coleen

Gayle said...

I will have to think on that! Love your word, it's one of my favorites! Have a joyful and blessed New Year!

Rosemary said...

May you have a happy and joyful new year, Marilyn!
Nancy

Marion Williams-Bennett said...

A wonderful, wonderful word! The image you choose and the 90th birthday celebration are both wonderful starts to Joy! Keep it going!

Best wishes to you for a happy, joyful 2010!

Cheers!

christina said...

joy is so You!
happy new year!
xoxo

Michael said...

Wishing you all the joy you can hold Marilyn. Happy New Year!!!

parTea lady said...

Joy is a beautiful word for 2010. If I were to choose, it would be PEACE, a thing which I often long for.

Hope 2010 holds much JOY for you.

Angela McRae said...

Oh, how wonderful that you got confirmation about this word! I cannot wait to see where it leads you (and thus, us!) this year!