Friday, September 10, 2010

Harney & Sons

The entrance to Harney & Sons tea shop in Millerton, New York.

The Harney & Sons tasting room.

It has been a few years since I visited the Harney & Sons tea shop in New York,
but I have had the opportunity several times to chat both face to face and on the phone
with the founder, John Harney.  He is a real treasure, who founded Harney & Sons
over 25 years ago.  You might find their teas in Barnes and Noble or your favorite tea shop.
Earlier this summer John called me and ordered Marmalady's Orange Triple Sec Marmalade for the shop.
In the future it should show up on their website, but I didn't see it there today.
John has been a great cheerleader for Marmalady's and I have really appreciated it.

You can visit Harney & Sons at www.harney.com 
or if you are in the area of Millerton, New York stop in and visit their shop.
Tell them the Marmalady sent you.

9 comments:

christina said...

SO very charming.

Angela McRae said...

Oh my! So your products are now sold at a shop that is on my "bucket list." Wonderful!

Sheila said...

I love Harney's teas, and those gorgeous little tins they come in.
How great they will be selling your Marmalade too!
xx

Laurie said...

Congratulations Marilyn, how wonderful they're selling Marmalady's! What a quaint, little shop, I'll check it out on line!

Mary Bergfeld said...

It sounds like a wonderful source for tea. The shop is charming. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

koralee said...

Oh my thank for sharing...what a charming little spot...I am a tea nut so I would so love to visit this shop one day. xoxoxo Hugs for a gret weekend.

Ginger said...

What a cute tea shop! I hope to visit one day. While I've never spoken with Mr Harney, his signature (on the birthday tea tin) make me think he would be a pleasure to talk to.

Adrienne said...

Thanks for the tour - I'll remember the yellow door on the shop whenever I drink my Harney and Sons tea! Congrats on having Marmalady's at their shop. If I ever visit I will buy one just to celebrate our friendship. And to enjoy!
~Adrienne~

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

What a charming little tea room! This is probably my favorite tea!

Katherine