Friday, November 16, 2018

Bathe under the Stars, Sit Cozy in the Woods.

The trees bend down to greet me.
Tenderly I walk through the forest.
Finding an old bath tub, I dream.
The water inside is steaming hot.
The stars shine above the branches.
I quietly slide inside.
Ahhhh!
The delight of it all fills my soul with JOY.
Wrapped in a fluffy robe with toes so bare,
I tiptoe to the cottage in the woods.
There is still the last remnants of light as I arrive.
The warm fire inside beckons me.
I am greeted by a warm cup of chocolate.
A cookie too.
Come join me as we sit by the fire and chat awhile.
The door has been left ajar just for you.
What a perfect autumn night with you by my side.
Oh friendship by the fire,
a lovely dream or reality.
Come and gather, sip a cup of frothy chocolate with me.
We will laugh, sing, and share stories.
Our hearts will be full.

An imaginary story, but oh so delightful.
Have a weekend full of imagination, delights, and laughter!
For it is magic!

3 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Such beauty with your photos and beautiful descriptive words. I would love to join you by the fire, sipping hot chocolate.

Jeanie said...

It may be an imaginary story but I think that cottage in the woods is very real.And oh, so inviting!

Linda P said...

You've created magical situations with your beautiful images and words Marilyn. I'd be happy to be drawn into that 'dreamworld' you describe. Thinking of you and your loved ones today.