Friday, November 23, 2018

Say Goodbye, One Last Look

Looking through my pictures taken recently
I realized I hadn't shared the chrysanthemum show 
at the Lan Su Chinese Gardens.
Just a couple days ago I shared the Japanese Garden,
but now here we are at the Chinese Gardens.
We have two beautiful Asian gardens here in Portland
and I love visiting both; though I go to the Chinese gardens
more often because it is convenient for me to just stop by
when I am out and about, plus I have a membership there.
 So here is a peek at the chrysanthemums in the garden in November.
 The colors of autumn/fall just were stunning.
 It is such a peaceful place to stop when traveling through downtown Portland.
 I loved the arrangements they had placed around the garden,
especially these yellow ones.

 The softness of the pinks sang to my heart.
 There is always a stop at the gardens in the autumn/fall just to see the fruit on the
persimmon tree. Isn't it beautiful?

 And now that we have been watching the autumn/fall colors fade away,
it is time for the festivities of Christmas to begin.
This arrangement is a perfect start in the celebration coming.
I hope your celebration of thankfulness was truly special yesterday.
Whether it was quiet or boisterous,
shared with friends, family, or alone,
I do hope it was blessed.

Happy weekend, dear friends!

6 comments:

Louca por porcelana said...

Feast for the eyes...Really stunning!

Curtains in My Tree said...


Oh those pink chrysanthemums are beautiful. My son in law took me there once and it was beautiful

Red Rose Alley said...

The chrysanthemum show sounds delightful. We call them MUMS here. And I always think of my school days when we used to buy a Mum for that special someone during the football season....such fond memories. The persimmon tree is so pretty, and the soft pink Mums are delicate and so lovely. Glad you got a chance to visit the Chinese Gardens, Marilyn.

~Sheri

Jeanie said...

Marilyn, that's spectacular. I love mums. So gorgeous. I always think of autumn when I see them, the colors are so perfect for the season. But those red and whites really make a wonderful transition. Perfection.

mamasmercantile said...

Such beauty, it was a joy to take a stroll along with you.

Tracy said...

Thank you for this last admiration and celebration of autumn, Marilyn... These flora arrangement are simply STUNNING!! I just love chrysanthemums... *sigh*... ((HUGS))