Monday, January 28, 2019

Garden Quotes 2019



He leaped the fence,
And saw that all nature
Was a garden.
~Horace Walpole
 Pictures taken in my garden one year ago.
Fascinating to me is that though the
daffodils and hellebore are progressing,
they are not quite as far along as last year.
Do you see there is a fence between my house
and the neighbors.
I wonder if this is the fence I must leap
to see all nature? Smiling!
Happy Monday!
I hope you are keeping warm 
and that there is a flower or two in your world.

7 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

This is just the right photo to go along with your garden quote, Marilyn. Yes, trying to keep warm. January is the coldest month here, brrrr.

~Sheri

mamasmercantile said...

Such a lovely photo. Daffodils are just starting to emerge but not as far along as yours.

Angela McRae said...

Love seeing how far along your garden is! I think I'm ready to start at least *reading* about gardens until spring gets here.

Jeanie said...

The only flowers in my world today are the ones I'm seeing online, so thank you for this. We're in the sub-zone and windy wind chills. Tomorrow wind chill is supposed to be -35. I'm definitely laying low!

Tracy said...

All of nature as a garden... one big garden... I LOVE that idea! Wow daffodil spires already??!! We're coated with about 1.5 ft of snow here, and everything under it is sleeping. We're in true winter survival mode at the moment... and trying to keep warm... LOL! Happy Days taking in the garden view, wherever you are, Marilyn! ((HUGS))

Linda P said...

It won't be long until your daffodils are in bloom and they'll give you a lot of pleasure.
Yours are further on than here. I would love to grow hellebores. Such a lovely flower that appears at this time of the year. A nice quote from Horace Walpole who had a great appreciation of his surroundings and gardens.

Mary said...

Mine are peeking out now too, perhaps a bit behind yours though as it's cold here again! Also bluebells leaves visible - won't be too long before spring arrives.