Monday, December 23, 2019

Garden Quotes 2019


 Pictures taken on a recent walk at the Portland Japanese Gardens.
 I often walk at the Lan Su Chinese Gardens, but rarely do I visit these gardens.
The camellia was stunning.
The light divine!


"Very gay they were with snow and sleigh-bells, holly-boughs, and garlands, 
 below, and Christmas sunshine in the winter sky above. 
All faces shone, all voices had a cheery ring, 
and everybody stepped briskly on errands of good-will."
  ~Louisa May Alcott, "Seamstress," Work: A Story of Experience, 1873
 
              There was an art show and I thought these ceramic camellias rather festive.
                                Wouldn't they be pretty stuck in greenery for Christmas? 
                                    There is something so glorious in winter sunshine! 
                                  And faces do shine while walking on a crisp winter day. 

   I will post a Christmas greeting in a couple days, but 
if you are busy and don't come on by I will understand.
Have a very special week of celebration.
May you be surrounded by those you love.
                                            May the light of Christmas shine down on you.

5 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

The ceramic camellias are so pretty, Marilyn. I can see getting a bunch of them and putting them on display somewhere. The Chinese Gardens are lovely. Will try to stop by before Christmas, but if I don't remember to.....

Merry Christmas to a very special and dear blog friend. : )

~Sheri

Thelma said...

Merry Christmas.
Have a beautiful holiday.

Thelma said...

Merry Christmas.

Thelma said...

I see you got two comments.
I was testing my comments because I was having a problem with Google. I switched with Chrome and it seems to be working. For the third time Merry Christmas . Thelma.

Jeanie said...

This is so lovely! I forgot to ask my neighbor visiting her rental from Portland about the gardens! If you need an acupuncturist or holistic practioner, I have a good name for you!