Monday, September 21, 2020

Word for the Day - 2020

Amazement

"I want to spend my life married to Amazement.
Let me become notorious
For going around with my bridal veil tossed back
And my mouth saying "I do"!
Renewing my vows with life.
Every day.
A hundred times a day."

~Sue Monk Kidd 

Now if that isn't a wonderful description illustrating the word Amazement!
 
from Wikidata: Astonishment, stupefaction, amazement
Wikipedia didn't have any data on this word.
Astonishment definitely fits.
 
Do you find amazement in your days?
For me it is just noticing the changing of the season.
Can you believe tomorrow is Autumnal Equinox? 
It seems like overnight it is Autumn.

Welcome with open arms the delights of Autumn, the freshness of cooler air,
and lift your face to the sprinkles falling from the sky. Sing, twirl, and embrace with Amazement!
 
Top picture taken at Monticello Antique Mall with wedding picture in background.
I am imagining that fur stole tossed carelessly over a shoulder while we dance to a little night music.
Bottom picture taken of orange flowers blooming on my walk recently and spoke to me of Autumn in the air. 
Let's "notice what we notice" each and every day with amazement!
 

5 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

Your photos are always so enchanting, Marilyn. Love that first photo. Amazement is a good word, and thanks for the reminder to find amazement in our days. : )

~Sheri

mamasmercantile said...

A great reminder for us to find amazement in our days, particularly in these strange times we are living. Loved the photos, a real delight.

Tracy said...

WOW... LOVE those words by Sue Monk Kidd!! That how I'd like to approach life! Every day is an invitation. But do we grab it enough?! hhhmmm... Good things to think about! HAPPY Autumn, dear Marilyn! Can hardly believe we welcome autumn now, and the last quarter of the year. Feeling extra thankful for the season this year--taking ever more comfort, delight and joy in the gifts each offers. ((LOVE & HUGS))

Jeanie said...

That's a fabulous quote and if that's the definition then I am sorely lacking in amazement these days! A few autumnal changes, yes. But not all that much. Mostly my amazement is of the stupidity in the political world these days!

Lorrie said...

Sue Monk Kidd certainly has a way with words - such a great description! Happy Autumn days to you, Marilyn.