Monday, September 28, 2020

Word for the Day - 2020

 Truth

 

 

From Wikipedia: Truth is the property of being in accord with fact or reality.[1] In everyday language, truth is typically ascribed to things that aim to represent reality or otherwise correspond to it, such as beliefs, propositions, and declarative sentences.[2]

I thought "what pictures would I choose for truth?"  Surely, a church teaches us truth. Then I thought of little white lies and found white flowers to represent those lies.

When I was a little girl my mother would get out the bar of Ivory soap and threaten to wash my mouth out with the soap if I lied.

These days there is a lot of mention of lies told by people in government and it sickens me just like that soap in the mouth to hear them lie to us.

Truth is a virtue I respect in others and myself.  Even if the message is a difficult one, I want the truth.

          My heart just feels clean and white when the truth is spoken. There is a pureness about it.

I feel like I can relax in the surrounding of truth.


 "The truth is rarely pure and never simple."  ~Oscar Wilde
 
"I am a firm believer in the people.
If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet
any national crisis.
The great point is to bring them the real facts."
~Abraham Lincoln 

Wow! There were so many good quotes on Truth and all so relevant today.
Let's not forget Truth in our words, it has so much power.

I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts. Abraham Lincoln
Read more at https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/truth-quotes
I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts. Abraham Lincoln
Read more at https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/truth-quotes

 

 

3 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

It certainly does. Take care and stay safe.

Red Rose Alley said...

Truth is a very special word, Marilyn. As I get older, it seems my words are few, but I always want truth to come from my lips. Yes, so much deception in politics, it's hard for me to watch. This is one of the best words yet, dear Marilyn.

~Sheri

ps.....I have a coffee cup that says the verse, 'And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free'. I wish I lived closer for me to give it to you. : )

Jeanie said...

Tonight is the debate. Let's put your word to the test. I fear a lot of Ivory could get used....