Monday, April 29, 2024

Words of Kindness and Joy

 This morning as I begin to write this post my mind is a jumble of thoughts from things that I have read, to friends I have had conversations with, the need for a haircut today, and my sweet Joey seems to have an infection and I must get him to the vets. I did say a "jumble" and that is what it is. Do you have days like that? Is it as exhausting as it feels this morning to me? What I want to focus on is Joy and Kindness, but I am weary. So let me tell you about a small article I read this weekend in Victoria Magazine. Let me refocus.


Victoria Magazine has brought joy to my heart from the very first issue many years ago. When it would come in the mail I would say "I am taking an hour vacation" and would sit with my cup of tea and the magazine for an hour escape. So reading the article yesterday was my hour escape and I am still trying to focus on it.


I absolutely love France and this recent issue is on France. I never could quite put my finger on why I loved it so much until I read the article. It talked about how most French people live as if life is an art form. The writer said she was an exchange student and the host asked her to prepare the strawberries for a tart and put them in the tart shell. She unceremoniously dumped them in the tart shell and her host said no that is not the way we do it. She took the strawberries out of the shell and put them back in a circular design. The tart became a piece of art. It went on to say that most French live life, even the most simple things, as if it is a form of art.

 

Art brings me JOY, it settles my soul. It is a KINDNESS in the artist that was willing to share their heart with me and others. When I walk down a street in Paris my soul settles for I am surrounded by beauty and art is all around.

What settles your soul and brings you JOY?

Sending love, Marilyn

5 comments:

Connie said...

You're beautiful bouquet goes perfect with your taste in magazines. :)

Linda P said...

Sometimes we need to have a quiet time where we can relax both mind and body. The photos of the flowers, teapot and tea cup are beautiful. I hope you have a relaxing day Marilyn.

Jeanie said...

I love Victoria too, but haven't read one in a long time. I might have to pick up this issue if it is current. Please let me know how Joey fares. I worry about him.

Red Rose Alley said...

My son appreciates all things French. I think they live an artful life too. The food and fashion and cafes and pastries are all so creative and wonderful. Nel and Jess said it is the one place that changed their lives. ; ) Your tea cup and magazine and flowers are so charming, Marilyn.

~Sheri

Lorrie said...

I feel just the same about Victoria magazine. I read it in our jungle home and inspired me to take the time to do little things that would bring beauty to my family. The way things look is so important to me. Beauty feeds me. How lovely to read about Victoria magazine today. I hope your jumbled thoughts eased.