Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Lemon Curd



A favorite recipe from Magnolia & Ivy is Microwave Lemon Curd.
I have tried other lemon curd recipes in the microwave with good results.
The lemon curd has been made and will be used in cupcakes for a special tea I will be serving my Aunt Arlene on Friday. When I was working regularly I said I would take tea to elderly in nursing homes. My Aunt Arlene lives in a retirement community. The retirement community has agreed to let me set up a small table in the garden. I will report back later with pictures.
Microwave Lemon Curd
3 eggs
1/2 cup fresh or bottled lemon juice
1 stick butter, melted
1 cup sugar
Beat eggs in a glass bowl until frothy. Stir in lemon juice, sugar, and melted butter. Microwave on high for three minutes. Remove and stir with a wire whisk. Microwave again for three minutes. Whish again. Repeat if necessary. Don't forget that mixture will thicken when it cools.
Store in refrigerator up to two weeks. Serve in a small crystal dish and garnish with a small fresh pansy or viola.
Beside serving it in a bowl, you could use as I will in a cupcake or in a tart shell. I have even heard of lemon curd sandwiches.
Enjoy!


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Linda Jennings said...

I love lemon curd. I look forward to your photos of the garden tea with your Aunt Arlene.

Steph said...

What a great service of love - taking tea to nursing homes!

Annie Jeffries said...

I can hardly wait to try this when we return home, Marilyn. Lemon curd is the best.

Anonymous said...

I have used this recipe for years and it never fails. I add a couple drops of yellow food color if I want a deeper yellow.