Thursday, July 24, 2008

Tea with Stephanie



Yesterday I had tea with Stephanie of Steph's Cup of Tea.
We met at the Tea Zone in Portland for a special time of getting acquainted and sharing our love of tea. What fun it is to meet fellow tea bloggers and make new connections across the country. Thanks Stephanie for sharing tea with me, I loved it. It was great to get to know you better. Travel well!




The Tea Zone is not a Victorian tea room, but a very pleasant place to sit and visit. In the back they have a tea lounge where they served mixed drinks with tea. I always order the same thing when I go there. It doesn't matter what time of the day it is, but I love their Chicken Curry Empanada's. The tea I order may be different, but it is always the same food. Yesterday was a bubble tea day for me, I had green tea with mango. It was yummy and very refreshing. It had been a long time since I had a bubble tea, they are fun to drink and the tapioca bubbles are fun to chew (like chewy gummy bears). The Tea Zone was busy with people coming and going; some staying for awhile. This type of tea room is very attractive to young adults, both men and women. When I worked nearby, I often stopped in for some tea for a break or for lunch. If you are ever in Portland, Oregon I am sure you would enjoy stopping in for a tea break as you shop in the Pearl district. Then if you are really in the mood for more tea it is not far to the Chinese Gardens where they have a Chinese style tearoom after a peaceful walk through the gardens.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun! It really is so special to be able to meet the nice people who share a love of tea in person, isn't it.

The tearoom looked very interesting.

Rosemary said...

What a great afternoon! Looks like a great place! Did Stephanie tell you we traveled together in London?
Nancy

Steph said...

Thank you, Marilyn, for inviting me! And to share time at Tea Zone with you was wonderful!

Anonymous said...

So glad you both got to meet! Isn't Stephanie delightful?!

Marilyn Miller said...

Stephanie was delightful. Each one of you was mentioned as special tea people. I heard about the wonderful tea trip to London and enjoyed getting acquainted with another tea friend.

Linda Jennings said...

How delightful that you were able to meet Stephanie and have tea while she was in Portland! She is a very special tea friend.

La Tea Dah said...

What a nice place to have tea. . .

Unknown said...

This is my first time to your blog and I am enjoying what you have here. I love the name Marmalady. Your son really honed into the heart of your business, that's for sure.

I have a passion for tea, too. In fact, I just made a trip to Old Town Claremont to visit the Bamboo Tea House. It is not a teahouse, but it is jam packed with tea accouterments. It is owned by a sweet Chinese lady and one side of the shop is filled with tins of imported tea. The merchandise is mostly Asian. It is a charming little resource.

I am anxious to read more of your blog.

KJ

Annie Jeffries said...

What a lovely preview for tomorrow's visit.