Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Violets

The Violet
by Jane Taylor
Down in a green and shady bed
A modest violet grew;
Its stalk was bent, it hung its head,
As if to hide from view.
And yet it was a lovely flower,
Its colors bright and fair,
It might have graced a rosy bower,
Instead of hiding there.
Yet there it was content to bloom,
In modest tints arrayed;
And there diffused a sweet perfume,
Within the silent shade.
Then let me to the valley go,
This pretty flower to see;
That I may also learn to grow
In sweet humility.
Pictures are from my yard and my violet teacups.
The teacup in the center is from a set of china that belonged to my grandfather.

3 comments:

Denise said...

Lovely! What a treasure to have that teacup of your grandmother's!

Hugs,
Denise

Gwen said...

I am salivating over all those beautiful cups!!! And LOVE the poem!!!

Rosemary said...

Love the collage! the teacup and violets collection and the poem.
Nancy