Monday, August 17, 2009

Monday Linen Days

I call these my Marmalady's tablecloths because they have fruit on them.
The one in the middle I use the most on my display tables when I do a show, but
the others have been used too.
The cherry one is the only one I ever was brave enough to cut and I still am not sure I should have done that. I made pillows with part of it.

I love using the one with the pink stripe around the outer edge in the Spring for our family Easter tea. It just seems so "Springy" to me and it is larger than a lot of the vintage tablecloths you find. The tulip tablecloth is another fun one for Spring. The yellow flowers is fun to use with green depression glass plates at a tea party. Any vintage tablecloth is fun for a tea party when you can tie the theme into what is on the cloth.
***
Tea does our fancy aid,
Repress those vapors which the head invade
And keeps that palace of the soul serene.
~Edmund Waller
**
Enjoy having tea on a vintage tablecloth.

8 comments:

Britt-Arnhild said...

Your linen collection is lovely.

Marisa @ Getting Back To Basics said...

I tend to reserve the cloth table cloths for special occasions and special company, but hey, you're right, I should be enjoying them now while I can...if I don't, someone else will when I'm gone. It's a hard habit to break...saving the best china etc. instead of using it on a regular basis...not every day because then it would no longer be special...but more than just at Christmas and Easter.

Annie Jeffries said...

I always look forward to your Monday post, Marilyn. These are lovely.

La Tea Dah said...

I love them all! Beautiful!!!

I have some that need cut up as well -- but just can't get up the courage. They make nice tea towels.

Gayle said...

They are so lovely. The pink stripe for Easter sounds especially wonderful.

Celeste Maia said...

What a wonderful linen collection! Yes, I would love a leisurely afternoon sitting on a varandah sipping tea next to a table with one of your lovely "marmalade" linens.

Connie said...

Just found you, honey, and am loving your post about the greenhouse. I wish we had room for one but Love Bunny says we don't. I also like the way you did the post on linens, sugar. I love old linens. Nice to meet you, especially since we're sort of "neighbors".........
xoxo,
Connie

christina said...

our monday treat. bliss~