Friday, August 14, 2009

Swing High as the Sky


Swing high as the sky.

I AM:

Mom

Wife

Friend

Niece

Cousin

Sister

Tea Lover

Pie Baker

Flower Picker

Walker

Swimmer/Water Lover

Observer

Reader

Sewer

Patternmaker

Photographer

Quaker

Peaceful/Nonviolent

Gentle Spirit

Planner

Dreamer

Thinker

Traveler

Writer

Artist/Creative

Growing Struggler

Funny, but the most difficult to say is Artist. I dream of being an artist, but could never really see it. I am now putting it out there to the universe. I am an artist.

Sometimes I am Happy, Scared, Silly, Opinionated, Sad, Hungry, Full, Crave food, love alone time, Enjoy beauty around me, Like order in my life, feel old, feel young, hurt. Sometimes I just want to laugh for no reason at all, fly like the birds, swing as high as the sky, swim like the fish, or create a most beautiful master piece. Then there is the skirt I have wanted to sew for the past 25 years, is that the creative master piece sitting in the closet waiting to come out and be completed? Or what about that book that has been stirring in my mind for 5 years? Am I revealing too much or not enough? How about you, what do you have to share? What commitment can we make to open up and move forward past our comfort zones? It's scary, isn't it? I won't tag anyone to share, but the struggle is so worth it when the sun shines on the other end and we have that "Aha moment". Celebrate with me the moments of sunshine. I do believe that life's struggles are a good thing, they are what keeps us growing.


11 comments:

Bernideen said...

Did you have poet/writer on this list or perhaps I missed it!

christina said...

A dear and beloved poet once told me "keep moving". It was some of the best advice, I have ever been given.
Although scary at times, it's true. I don't want to be a sitting duck, anymore in my life.

I love your list. : ) Honest and lovely.
xo

Britt-Arnhild said...

And a true one you are :-)
Blessings to you.

Unknown said...

You ARE an artist. It's what I have always called you. You have been creating since childhood, and you live creatively. It is so hard to give ourselves permission for some reason, or all our reasons, but for no good reason.

Gayle said...

I adore this post! I enjoyed learning so many things about you. I didn't know you are Quaker. How I admire them and read many of their books. I may just have to do a link similar to yours, I enjoyed getting to know you better.

parTea lady said...

What a great post. You have certainly given me lots of food for thought.

Duchess of Tea said...

I know so much about you now darling, great post, so original. Darling I hope you had a lovely weekend. I just stopped by to wish you a sunny day!!

♥ hugs ♥

Duchess

Relyn Lawson said...

I do love that you played along. And, I loved this little peek into who you are and how you see yourself. You are so very lovely.

Steph said...

This is a beautiful list!!!

beth said...

I love this photo....

and I still stumble over "artist" or "photographer"...I think many of us do...

BUT...age is starting to make all the difference for me in many ways including saying "I'm a photographer" when I'm asked what I do....

so keep practicing !!

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

For me the hardest 'hat' for me to acknowledge aloud is the one that calls me 'writer'. It was my husband to began introducing me to new people -- she's a writer, and that's when I started to feel more comfortable with it.

Blessings for courage as you reach more in 2010 for that Artist hat!