Thursday, January 14, 2010

Beautiful


Beautiful, yes!

Yesterday I was watching Art Wolfe, Travels to the Edge.
Do you ever watch that show?
The photography is amazing.
I noticed he kept describing the sights as "beautiful".
I find I use that word a lot when I visit many of your blogs
and see something beautiful.
Beautiful just doesn't seem like enough of a word when
my breathe is taken away.
I have thought and thought about other words to use.

Some of the words I have thought of:
Gorgeous
Amazing
Spectacular
Lovely
Eye Candy
Delightful
Attractive
Wonderful
Great
Lovely
Pretty
Marvelous
Exceptional

Nothing seems to justify for a sight that is beautiful.
How do you describe it?

12 comments:

Schnitzel and the Trout said...

I find I overuse 'amazing.' Might just use 'spectacular' or 'exceptional' a bit more.

Linda Jennings said...

I use the words beautiful and wonderful too much. Thanks for the suggestions of other words to use!

Adrienne said...

Fabuloso! Your sunrise photo is breathtaking. Is that my favorite nearby mountain?
~Adrienne~

Jeanne said...

Beautiful my lovely friend.
blessings
Jeanne♥

parTea lady said...

That certainly is a beautiful photo.

An overused word could be awesome and a funny one would be pulchritude.

Anonymous said...

stunning?

Marion Williams-Bennett said...

Just reading all these words together is, well, beautiful!

Lovely just feels right to me these days, it just flows...

I like to save exceptional for the really, really, really amazing, delightful, things that cross my path!

Gayle said...

I ADORE the picture! I guess I say "pretty" often, my guys tease me now about how "it has to be pretty!"

La Tea Dah said...

Exquisite, as in this photo!

Yolanda said...

Beautiful photo. I live in McMinnville not so awfully far from you.

christina said...

i watch this show all the time. i love it.
xo

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

I enjoyed your thoughts about beautiful words.

I've always enjoyed the more old-fashioned word - beauteous - I always thought it was a lovely version of the word.