Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Mentor


men·tor
  1. A wise and trusted counselor or teacher.

  2. Mentor Greek Mythology Odysseus's trusted counselor, in whose guise Athena became the guardian and teacher of Telemachus.

The hands you see are my Aunt Arlene's.
They look very much like my mother's hands.
She has been my life mentor in many ways.
In watching her live life I learned to love
flowers, music, and making my nest more beautiful.
She will be 90 years old in May and
still I learn from her. I learn
how to live at 90 years old and still
laugh, do, and love; but at a different speed.

There can be mentors for life or even a mentor
on the job. Mentors come in different forms, sometimes
for life and sometimes for just a short time.
They may not be chosen, but in the
circumstances of life they choose you.

Have you had a mentor?
Is there someone that has taught you to laugh
and love?