Thursday, January 28, 2010

Heart to Heart by Earlene Grey



What a perfect thing to do on a very rainy Sunday afternoon.
A book launch for Heart to Heart by Earlene Grey.
Earlene read several poems from her new book.
There were many words about tea, but other special
thoughts too. I thought you might like to read a few here today.

Invitation to Tea

I have dust in the corner
And on top of the table
And under the sideboard too.

There are dishes that need washing,
Clothes that need mending,
And my Mother is sick with the flu.

My hair is mussed and fallen.
My face is red and swollen.
And the cat has missed her box.

I've no treats to share,
There's no money to spare
Our chickens were lost to the fox.

But in spite of all this,
Come have tea at my house.
You'll find rest, though all is amiss.

For we'll sit and be clever,
Drink Nilgiri tea and
Ignore the God-awful mess.

Then there were short teaisms throughout the book:

Take tea. Take a nap. Then conquer the world.

Tea is not the answer to life's problems,
it just helps you cope with them better.

Visit www.earlenegrey.com to learn more about her new book.


10 comments:

Annie Jeffries said...

Hi Marilyn. What a delightful poem. I think many women would relate to the many very apt description of a house running but not necessarily well-oiled. I sure can. I'm going to visit her website now too for more.

Deanna said...

Marilyn,
A delightful post and this sure looks like a pleasant way to spend a rainy afternoon for sure.
Pleasant living,
d

Adrienne said...

Thank you for share Earlene with us today. I've been anxious to read her writings since you told me about her last week. Now I have a head start! And I think it's time for a cup of good tea!
~Adrienne~

Relyn Lawson said...

How perfect is the name EARLeneGREY for a woman who loves tea??

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Hi,
Just a quick reply about the "Love" sign. I found it at Michael's, but I think I bought it before Christmas.
Good luck finding one! Did you try Hobby Lobby?

Katherine

Chandrika Shubham said...

The photograph on the top is really very nice. :)

The poem is simple and interesting about the life of the homemakers.

Anonymous said...

How much do I love this post? THIIIIS much!

Especially that first poem. A good reminder that you don't need to hide away from tea and friends when all is chaos.

Duchess of Tea said...

Marilyn darling what a lovely post...sweet poem. With your permission I have copied it to add it to my peotry journal. Thanks darling for sharing. Wishing you a marvelous weekend.

Love & Hugs
Duchess

Angela McRae said...

Now you've got me wanting to learn more about Earlene Grey! Thanks for sharing this!

christina said...

this is so serene and lovely.
xo