Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Share a bit of Sunshine


Oh we had one of those sunshiny days in winter yesterday.
I just makes my heart sing.
I took off in my car to deliver some sunshine to a friend and to my aunt.
Don't you just love the bright orange tissue the shop wrapped around the sunshine.
It was just perfect!

A little known fact about me is that I like to listen to James Taylor and Carole King.
On my car radio yesterday as I delivered sunshine they were singing.
It just lifts my spirits and makes me so happy.

I listened to these words from Carole King:

I have often asked my self the reason for the sadness.
In a world where tears are just a lullaby.
If there's an answer, maybe love can end the madness.
Maybe not, oh, but we can only try.

You've got to get up every morning
with a smile on your face and show the world
All the love in your heart.

Then people gonna treat you better
You're gonna find, yes you will
That you're beautiful, your beautiful
You're beautiful as you feel.

***
So today and going forward I will face every morning with a smile on my face.

11 comments:

La Tea Dah said...

Beautiful post! Spring is near. . .

Angela McRae said...

I'm reading garden catalogs this week and dreaming of jonquils myself! (And I like your musical choices!)

Adrienne said...

Wasn't that sunshine wonderful? I could have handled more!!! Keep a smile on your face, my friend - our get-together over tea is less than twenty-four hours away. Can't wait to see you there!!
~Adrienne~

linda Dufour said...

I also have a smile on my face because I have had a wonderful visit with Eric and Jill. Your daughter is a delightful person. Thank you for the jams!

Lady Prism said...

* Yes, indeed, it does make the heart sing!

* Truly uplifting!

marthae said...

I choose to welcome each day with happy thoughts and smiles. Yes, there are sad times in my thoughts as well, but the happy thoughts outmumber them by far. I enjoyed reading the lyrics of the song you shared.

Martha, Vintage Trifles said...

That was inspiring! Thank you and thanks for visiting my blog. I've been tempted by the tulips in the stores and will probably treat myself next time I'm there. They are so cheery and help me remember that Spring is near. M.

Jeanne said...

Beautiful Spring flowers and love love love Carole King she is touring with James Taylor this spring

Love you

Relyn Lawson said...

OH, I love Carole King and Sweet Baby James. And bits of sunshine carried in flowers.

Gayle said...

The sunshine was a wonderful balm to my soul. I love both those artists. James Taylor is always a favorite. They are both coming to Seattle for a concert soon. I'm sure it is WAY too expensive for my frugal lifestyle.

beth said...

only 50 ish days until spring....yippee !

and flowers for your aunt and a friend and james taylor singing to you....what a perfect day !