Tuesday, January 26, 2010

JOY in a Gift


A package came in the mail a couple days ago.
It was from a dear friend of many years.
My husband stood wondering what our friend would send me.
I wondered too.
Upon opening it I found this tea towel gently tucked inside.
It was made by her mother years ago.
She thought, after reading my posts, that I
should have it.
Don't you just think it is perfect, trimmed
in my favorite color with kittens on it?
But the best part of all is the word JOY
written there.
Thanks dear friend!
It does bring a smile to my face and JOY
in my heart.

11 comments:

Cathy said...

What a very special gift from a friend, one that I'm sure will bring you joy each time you look at it.

Annie Jeffries said...

How special this is Marilyn. What a joy to be remember in such a loving way.

Unknown said...

Oh that IS perfect!

Marion Williams-Bennett said...

JOY! Your word!

How absolutely perfect is that gift! What a wonderful friend, joy indeed!

Adrienne said...

What a special treat! And a nice surprise. I love your new piece. ~Adrienne~

Schnitzel and the Trout said...

We all need that special friend who brings JOY to us, in one way or another.

Angela McRae said...

Absolutely perfect! And what a thoughtful friend you have!

parTea lady said...

What a blessing to have such a thoughtful friend. It is perfect, especially embroidered with the word JOY.

Unknown said...

What a nice thought from an old friend.

Anonymous said...

A lovely gift that certainly brought the word joy to life.

La Tea Dah said...

Marilyn, I couldn't get blogger to accept my comment when you first posted this. This JOY tea towel brought such a smile to my face. This towel is the same as one my mother had when I was a child. I have dried MANY dishes with a tea towel just like this one! In fact, mom had the entire set. Most wore out, but there are a few that she saved and stitched into pretty patches on a tablecloth. I will look for it and see if JOY is one that survived all those dishes!

LaTeaDah