Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Gift of JOY

Create a simple chain of key tags.
Wrap them around a small tree or plant.
Special messages to a friend on her birthday.

In choosing JOY this year I realized I receive great JOY
in giving. A friend is having a birthday soon, so I took
the key tags and dyed them in a strong cup of black tea, then
found special pictures, words, and other decorations for each of the tags.
It was a fun and simple crafty project.
The tea stain only took about 15-20 minutes and
they dried by the next day, just laid out on a paper towel.

I hope she likes it, but I thought you might like the
simple idea. Another idea would be to just make a paper
chain and wrap it around something special.
Each chain could be a special word or thought.
What is important is the thought and care in giving.
It brings great JOY~

11 comments:

Angela McRae said...

What a fun and creative idea! I would not have thought of tea dying those tags. (I also like your canisters in the background. Cute!)

parTea lady said...

What a great craft idea. I like the garland wrapped around the plant and it looks like it would be fun to make too.

Annie Jeffries said...

Lovely, Marilyn. I know your friend will greatly appreciate this gift.

beth said...

this is a great...really great idea !
wow...I can't wait to try one myself !

Adrienne said...

What a great idea - and such a fun gift! Love your canisters, too. ~Adrienne~

Linda Jennings said...

This is an adorable and thoughtful gift!

Caroline said...

This is wonderful...little messages of joy. Thank you for sharing this idea...love it!

Cathy said...

What a lovely and thoughtful gift, Marilyn. This is an idea I will use in the future. Who wouldn't love to receive something like this from a loved one!

Steph said...

I love this!

Mary said...

I really love this idea Marilyn - I know your friend will too!

Unknown said...

I am filled with JOY! This lovely gift was discovered on my doorstep on the eve of my birthday! It is charming and a true delight! You were very quiet and sneaky to tape up the happy birthday streamer outside the door. I am grateful for your surprise - it is simply the best! Thank you for your loving friendship.
Cheers,
Annette