Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Simple Things

Simple things that make my heart sing
Candles in the rain
The first blossoms of the year even before Spring
Joey's pink nose
Daffodils peeking out of the ground
A kittie's purr
My hands wrapped around a warm cup of tea
Chocolate, all kinds
The smell of sheets dried outside
French Macarons
A song of joy on the radio
A card in the mail
A bouquet of roses
Sunflowers
Walking barefoot in the sand
Listening to a rippling brook
Blue skies and puffy white clouds
A smile just because
A friend stopping to say hello
Flying through the sky in a swing
A good book
Crawling into a warm, comfy bed each night
Tender hearts that answer the call the help

Visit Christina at Soul Aperature
She and her family are sponsoring Simple Things today.
For everyone, up to 250 people, that leaves a comment,
they are donating a dollar to Haiti.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

a smile just because...
im smiling because of your list. lovely.

Cyndy said...

Hello, Marilyn. I am visiting you in the wake of Christina's love. Thank you for your thoughtful list. Candles in the rain. What a lovely image!

Adrienne said...

Good morning, my friend -
I love your list and I found myself smiling as I read - and identifying with each one. Loved see Joey again. Stopped by to visit Christina and leave a comment. I enjoyed her blog. Thank you for sharing her with us. I'm sitting with grandkids until sometime this afternoon. When I get home I'm going to sit and enjoy my Joey and have a good cup of tea. Have a place in Canby I'd love to take you to see - all kinds of teas and tea-related things. In the pharmacy gift shop. Always a pot of tea for tasting so I'm learning to enjoy several and love talking to the gal in charge. She loves and knows teas and tearooms!
~Adrienne~

SE'LAH... said...

the sound of rippling brook melts me too. such a lovely list here.

one love.

beth said...

yes....a good book and hot tea and I'm a goner for hours...or even days :)

beautiful list.....

Sherry said...

You created a list that speaks right to my heart..and your photography is beautiful!

Marion Williams-Bennett said...

what a warm and happy list this is! It's brightening my day!

How wonderful this day of sharing simple gifts has been!

Thank you!

christina said...

candles in the rain... how pretty. that is a photo that brings me such comfort.
xo

Tracy said...

So much sweetness and delight! Thank you for sharing and celebrating your blessings, Marilyn :o) Happy Day ((HUGS)) Love your tiger-Joey...

Relyn Lawson said...

A card in the mail is one of my favorite things, too. What a great list.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I love the smell of wind dried sheets...I ahve not had a clothes line for a few years and miss it so much.

Sorry I am arriving late to read your lovely "Sinple Things" list.

Jeanne said...

It is the sweet simple things of life that are of such joy
Love you
Jeanne♥