Thursday, June 7, 2012

Bernideen's

 
 
 
As we began our travels through Colorado I realized we would
be driving right through Colorado Springs.
A blog I visit from time to time is written by Bernideen
and she has a sweet gift shop in Old Colorado Springs.
I went online, got the address, and just showed up
at the door of her shop when she opened that morning.
How fun to meet Bernideen face to face and see all the
beautiful things there.
The whole neighborhood if full of delightful surprises
and definitely worth a stop.
I love the twinkly lights that greeted us as we walked up
to the front entrance.
Take a look at the ceiling in her shop, it is pure vintage
and gorgeous.
There was so much to look at from a lovely variety of tea,
tee shirts, books, teapots, and gourmet food items.
If you ever find yourself in that part of the world
for sure stop by and say Marilyn sent you.

Here's a link to her blog:  http://bernideensteatimeblog.blogspot.com/

19 comments:

Annie Jeffries said...

Hi, Marilyn. What a fun thing to do just showing up. I would be feeling positively gleeful about the prospect of the surprise.

Jeanne said...

Beautiful indeed.
Much love and many blessings
Love Jeanne

Rosemary said...

Someday I hope to meet Bernideen and visit her shop... I just know there is something there for me!

Relyn Lawson said...

I do love her shop. What a delightful summer you've had.

relevanttealeaf said...

How wonderful that you got to meet Bernideen and see her lovely shop. I wish I would have known about her when my son lived in Colorado!

S. Etole said...

That looks like a perfectly delightful shop.

Bernideen said...

Marilyn - how sweet of you to write this post and feature on my store! Thank you so much. I was delighted to meet you personally!

parTea lady said...

That must have been fun to meet Bernideen and see her lovely shop.

Adrienne said...

Thank you for sharing this wonderful shop with us. We have a niece in Colorado Springs - one of these days we will visit and I'll drop by this shop and see it for myself. The ceiling is gorgeous!
~Adrienne~

Tracy said...

Bernideen's shop looks so lovely and dangerously tempting to go overboard on a spree! ;o) So glad you took us along. LOVE all her tea time goodies. Happy Days ((HUGS))

Cathy at Wives with Knives said...

My first thought when I saw the shop photos was "I sure hope it is in Portland." Looks like a wonderful place to visit, Marilyn, and what a lovely surprise for Bernideen.

Traveling Bells said...

What a delightful place! I would love to spend time there...

somepinkflowers said...

{{ next time U
~~road trip~~
i wanna ride in the back seat,
please }}

Joy said...

If I EVER make it to Colorado Springs, this will be a must-stop for me!

Jeanie said...

You visited lots of bloggers! Boy I think if I went in there, I might never leave! I keep thinking another visit to Colorado is in my cards -- I have a couple of friends (and lots of blog buds!) in that area. This one is definitely a hit!

paris parfait said...

What fun! Always nice to meet a sister blogger. And what a cute shop!

Angela McRae said...

Can you say, "Jealous?" (For you getting to meet her AND her getting to meet you!)

Anonymous said...

Hi Marilyn,
You were so close and it would have been fun for you to visit us. We are at our house in Victor Colorado, which is an hour south of Colorado Springs. I've been enjoying your trip. Deb, Ida Reds Antiques

La Tea Dah said...

Oh, I am MOST DELIGHTED to view the picture of you and Bernideen together! And I appreciate seeing more pictures of her shop. How special that you were able to visit her live and in person!