Friday, June 8, 2012

Hotchkiss, Colorado

 
 
 
 
Never having traveled through western Colorado, I decided it was about time.
My mother lived in Hotchkiss, Colorado as a child and I wanted to see
where she had grown up.
It isn't very big and there didn't seem to be much there,
but it touched on my hearts cord.
Yesterday having lunch with my aunt I showed her these pictures
and got more of the story.
Most likely my great grandfather built the church, he
was a stone mason here.  I didn't find the family's home, but
what I found was the beauty of the surroundings here and
pictures in my mind and heart of the place my mother lived.

Someday I would love to come back to this part of the country and explore further.
There is so much of nature to see from the mountains to rafting on the river.
Is there someplace like this your heart draws you too?