Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Colorado Highway 50

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Leaving Pueblo, Colorado we traveled along Highway 50.
It was breathtaking!
The clouds were spectacular.
The fresh leaves on the aspens were beautiful and just quivered in the breeze.
The majesty of the mountains sang to my heart.
This day we did stop by the road for a picnic,
just to enjoy the day in all it's glory.
It was a simple picnic and a simple day of just driving and riding
in the car with stops to take in the view.
Isn't it beautiful?

8 comments:

martha e said...

Now that sounds like my kind of day. Beautiful photos and loved seeing your fun picnic! Especially your creative use of what's at hand for your centerpiece vase.

Adrienne said...

Your photos and words are almost as good as going back there again! We didn't start on Highway Fifty at Pueblo - we cut off from farther south and took a gorgeous route to connect west of Pueblo. The drive was breathtaking! Did you stop at Black Canyon? It's amazing - a little Grand Canyon in the Rockies.
~Adrienne~

Rosemary said...

Beautiful! loved the photo with the roadside picnic!

krys kirkpatrick said...

You are the traveling queen. The pictures are amazing and I would love to be a traveling gal too. Keep sharing so I can dream of the traveling bug visiting me.

somepinkflowers said...

such
a
BIG SKY!

it
makes me feel happy!


{{ aren't road trips
The
Best! }}

Jeanie said...

Practically perfect in every way! I love your picnic! And those views! Oh, Marilyn, it's so clear that your trip was amazing!

paris parfait said...

Such beautiful scenery. Looks like a wonderful trip!

La Tea Dah said...

My kind of picnic! Just perfect and such beautiful scenery! I love the sky --- which kind of reminds me of Arizona skies --- except with a bit more gray.