Tuesday, June 26, 2012

King Tut, a Visit to Seattle


 Let's step into the tomb of King Tutankhamun.
Howard Carter, a British archeologist, stepped into
the tomb for the first time in the 1920's and stated
there were wonderful things there.
The above is a replica of the tent and table where he worked.
As a tea lover, notice the transferware teacup and the teapot.
Click on picture to look more closely.

On a recent adventure to the Seattle Science Center I was surrounded by golden and alabaster beauties
of another time.  A time long ago when "The Boy King" reigned.
For a moment in time we could imagine and step through the four rooms of King Tut's tomb.
Included in this exhibit were artifacts from others that had reigned in Egypt.
The golden shoes, magnificent jewelry, King Tut's bed, and a chair.
If you have the opportunity, this is a don't miss show.  I thoroughly enjoyed visiting King Tut and his friends.

12 comments:

La Tea Dah said...

Very interesting post. Isn't it fun to observe how people lived in times past --- and to look for items that would indicate they enjoyed tea?

S. Etole said...

That exhibit was in Minneapolis/St. Paul not too long ago. I didn't see it, but some friends from this area went and were quite fascinated.

krys kirkpatrick said...

You certainly get about...town. Thanks for sharing, I don't know when I will ever do anything that doesn't revolve around bunnies.

Kathy Walker said...

Many years ago, I had the opportunity to see the King Tut exhibit in Los Angeles. It was fascinating.

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

I saw it when it was in Los Angeles....so amazing to be among all those artifacts from so very, very long ago!

Rosemary said...

Fascinating exhibit... I would enjoy seeing this. I was always enamoured of King Tut in high school, and remember reading as much as I could about him

Rosemary said...

Fascinating exhibit... I would enjoy seeing this. I was always enamoured of King Tut in high school, and remember reading as much as I could about him

Jeanie said...

And I thought King Tut died! This is amazing -- what a fabulous exhibit -- I'll have to keep my eye out. It's stunning.

Annie Jeffries said...

Tut in L.A. 34 years ago was awesome. Nothing has change. So glad you were able to see this newest exhibit.

Tracy said...

This was especially amazing to see, Marilyn, for I've long had a fascination with Ancient Egyptian art and history! The alabaster is so lovely & luminous...and I love seeing the teacup and teapot--rather humbling to see really, it puts a very every stamp on what must have been hard work with the excavation. What a treat to see all this! :o) Happy Days ((HUGS))

koralee said...

What fun...I missed it when it was at the Vancouver Science Center...may have to zip down to Seattle. xoxox

parTea lady said...

That would be a wonderful show to see. When I was a child, I loved to visit the mummy at The Royal Ontario Museum. :-)