Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Book Review


What can I say.
I don't often review books here though I read all the time.
Well this book is to good not to review.
The Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane by Lisa See was the best!
Yes, if you choose to read it, you will learn about tea;
but it is a book I believe anyone would enjoy.
There was a little bit of romance and tragedy.
A lot of good tea knowledge.  Lisa definitely did her homework!
Fascinating stories of the Akha people of China.
Plus there was intrigue and relationships.

So steep a pot of tea and sit awhile,
pick up The Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane and read.
You won't be sorry you did.

6 comments:

Jeanie said...

I've never read any of her books but I see people mention her a lot. This one sounds exactly like YOUR CUP OF TEA!

Angela McRae said...

Oh, I had been wondering whether any of my tea blogger friends had read this book, so thank you for the recommendation! :)

Tracy said...

This one sound VERY good, and that tea features--all the better! ;) Always looking for new-to-me reads, so thank you for the recommendation, Marilyn. You photo is sooo pretty, too! Happy Reading & Sipping ((HUGS))

Rosemary said...

Thanks for the review... sounds like a book I would enjoy!

Joy said...

I'll add it to my list! Thanks!

La Tea Dah said...

I will look for this book. Looks and sounds interesting. Thanks for the referral.