Friday, April 28, 2017

Tea from the Garden

 There are 5 tea plants in my garden;
but only 2 of the plants are old enough to pick.
They should be at least 5 years old.
 Three new plants were added last year and placed in with the flowers.
This year I will add two or three more and that will be about all the room
left for tea growing in the garden.
Yesterday I plucked some of the new growth on the two plants.
Then I let the leaves sit overnight and this morning stir fried the leaves
for 20 minutes.  Stir and toss as it toasts.
 Ahhh!  The sweet smell of fresh tea.
 Here is the final results.
I know, not much; but enough for a couple gaiwans or small teapots.
Now I am off to savor the flavor.
All along the way I could smell sweetness.
PS, Now I have tasted.  It taste like a toasty green tea,
actually quite nice.  I am enjoying it now.

Happy weekend, dear friends!
Hope you are smelling and savoring sweetness in your day.

5 comments:

Rosemary said...

What a fabulous experience to be able to grow and harvest your own tea plants! Envious of this! Your bounty looks beautiful, and I can just imagine the fresh taste of your pan-fried leaf. Thank you for sharing! I will continue to enjoy my one little tea plant that I coax to grow indoors, and wonder if it shall ever produce a harvest. I'm just thankful it continues to thrive!

Jeanie said...

What an accomplishment, growing your own drinking. I'm sure you savored every single sip! Rare commodity!

Lord devotea said...

How wonderful. I can't wait to try it.

Bernideen said...

How unique to have your own tea plants! You do have so much knowledge about growing tea, etc. A great treat from your garden. Thanks for sharing.

Tracy said...

You have tea plants in your garden--how perfect! :) Where did you purchase the plants? Fun to hear about your mini harvest so far... and the good taste! ((HUGS))