Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Tea for each Season

Springtime teas for me delight.
Looking forward to some new Darjeelings.
Morning tea time gives reason to rise.
Oolong are sublime in any season, but the new growth
of Spring just makes me smile.
The season of thankfulness and family celebrations delights.
The season of giving and receiving with sweets to enchant
is the season I celebrate with a robust tea such as puerh or my favorite Yunnan Gold.

Often I see the comparison in celebrating with tea
to those that celebrate with wine.
There are seasons of growth and seasons to celebrate.
Seasons of JOY and Seasons to sit in quiet reflection.
Do you celebrate the seasons of life with a special tea?
or maybe a glass of wine?
How do you celebrate each day?

10 comments:

Sylvia said...

I think I'll go make myself a cup of Tea. Good post,Marilyn!

Antiques And Teacups said...

Lovely Marilyn...tea is indeed "always in season"!
Ruth

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Although I enjoy half a glass of red wine now and then, it's not something I drink regularly to celebrate.
I like flavoured teas to match the seasons. I've just brewed a pot of the Murchie's Christmas tea I learned about on our FB group - it could easily become a daily favourite. :-)

Adrienne said...

I LOVE that Thanksgiving cup and saucer. Is there a name or maker on the bottom? Just curious what it is. I spent a lot of time looking for a Fall or Thanksgiving cup and saucer before I found a bone china cup with a fall leaf border. It wasn't exactly what I wanted but it sure did make the tea taste great!
~Adrienne~

Steph said...

One of the best things about tea! There is a tea for every season and mood of my life.

Linda P said...

You have some pretty vessels for drinking different teas during each season. I have a collection of favourite mugs and drink mainly English breakfast tea in the mornings. I celebrate the fact that my husband makes me a drink of tea most mornings whilst I'm still in bed, bless him! Today the snow has returned thick and fast.

Laura Morrigan said...

Mmm, macarons and candycanes!

Tracy said...

Oh, this is lovely, Marilyn, and the images so pretty! Tea is MUST every day here, so as Ruth said, it's "always in season!" Sometimes we have wine for special occasion or on some weekends but not everyday. I love wine, but don't need the extra calories. ;o) ((HUGS))

Jeanie said...

I love this, Marilyn -- and happy to know you, too, adore His Majesty! One of my favorite sets of dishes!

I celebrate every day and sometimes with wine or tea or Tab but mostly just by living it!

Angela McRae said...

I suppose I celebrate the seasons in tea with flavors suitable to the season -- spices in fall, peppermints around Christmas, coconut flavored teas (think "snow") in winter, and then fruity/floral teas in spring.