Tuesday, September 25, 2018

An Adventure, A Retreat

 This year there has been just short jaunts for travel;
so my heart was delighted and my soul refreshed as I spent a few days with good women friends
to adventure under this glorious mountain,
Mt. Adams in Washington State.
The Autumn leaves were just beginning to turn,
the sun was shining, and it was time for retreat.
 Now when I bought my "big girl" camera a friend asked me what pictures
I would take.
I said I would take pictures of Adirondack chairs by water.
Venturing out to the Trout Lake Abbey that is exactly what I found.
Of course, I needed my pictures taken right there in one of those chairs.
This symbolizes to me the utmost thought of retreat, rest, and meditation.
And even more when it is situated in beautiful surroundings.
 Fascinating to me was a place for Druid ceremonies on the grounds of a Buddhist Abbey.
The stones standing tall were for these events.
 The trails around the 23 acres included orchards, gardens, a pond,
beautiful plants, and alpacas.
 Peaceful surroundings were all around.

 What I was there for was the labyrinth.
Have you ever meditated by walking a labyrinth?
This was the most beautiful labyrinth that I had ever walked,
just perfect for meditation and reflection.
 What I found fascinating and added to the meditation was the scent of the plants
placed strategically as we walked along the path.
There were roses, lavender, and sage, plus hydrangea to just add beauty.

"Labyrinths have a history going back before the common era.
One can think of labyrinths as symbolic of pilgrimage, people can walk the path, 
moving toward a spiritual goal or enlightenment. In ancient days many people could 
not afford to travel to holy sites and lands, so labyrinths and prayer substituted for such travel."
This labyrinth was created for eyes to enjoy the beauty that surrounds you,
and allow your heart to find a peaceful existence.
 For a little while my heart was quiet, my heart sang a happy song.

 Prayers were sent on their way.
 A retreat was there in the trees.
As the bells rang, I lifted my heart in JOY.
For a few hours I could release and sing.

6 comments:

fiona said...

What a lovely place to simply be x

mamasmercantile said...

I love the idea of walking the path and taking in the beautiful smell of the plants, surrounded by such beauty.

Linda P said...

I like the idea of being with friends and yet having the space for solitude and meditation too. It would be lovely to sit and look at that mountain.

Jeanie said...

I love how you run away from home to such a perfect spot. This really is a bit of heaven, isn't it? I love those adirondack chairs -- they have the best design/shape. And your views are spectacular. Definitely a photographer's dream. It sounds like a wonderful experience for you.

Louca por porcelana said...

Beautiful landscapes...Hugs!

Tracy said...

What a wonderful place to get away to and recharge the "batteries"!! I feel relaxed and recharged just looking at these beautiful photos of this beautiful place! :) ((HUGS))