Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Something to Celebrate

 When my daughter was ready to start kindergarten quite a few years ago,
I took her to afternoon tea to celebrate.
It has always been a precious memory for me;
so with her son getting ready to start kindergarten tomorrow
I decided we must go to afternoon tea a few days ago to celebrate.
Truthfully he wasn't so sure he wanted to go because
he thought it was girl thing.
But when he walked into the Best of British in Beaverton, Oregon,
he was enchanted by everything pretty.
He was the perfect gentlemen at tea with me and my "live-in gardener".
With each bite he said "this is very good".
Yes indeed it was sooo good and sooo fresh.
Each bite a delight.
 I almost forgot to take a picture of the savories and sandwiches;
so two are missing from the plate.
Yet, it still looks like a lovely plate of food and it was very good
from the cucumber sandwich to the Battenburg cake.
Even the tea in each of our teapots was just "swell".
And with a wink of the eye, I do believe he will return with us again
for afternoon tea time and a sip of tea.

Happy to Launch this little guy off into a new world of school,
new friends, and learning with afternoon tea.

I am linking to Bernideen on more time: http://blog.bernideens.com/
Thanks, Bernideen for hosting this each week.

16 comments:

Jeanie said...

I love every bit of this -- the wonderful photos, the together time, the great menu, the polite little boy -- I hope this is a tradition!

The Victorian Girl said...

Making great memories!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, what a cutie! I do believe he enjoyed it! :)

Linda d said...

Cannot help but smile at this. Too sweet.

fiona said...

This is so nice Marilyn it all looks delicious and well presented.
How lovely you are able to continue tradition with your Grandson,
what a special treat for him.Hope he enjoys Kindergarten.
Glad you all had such a good time x








Laurie said...

You are making the most wonderful memories with your grandson Marilyn, he's going to remember that day for a lifetime!

Louca por porcelana said...

What an adorable post!Unique and precious time with your handsome Grand!

relevanttealeaf said...

Very sweet post about making memories and celebrating milestones over tea!

Jane said...

How absolutely delightful! Such a handsome young man and time spent with our children/grandchildren is so precious x

Linda P said...

I'm glad you're making the most of being with your grandson and enjoying a family tradition with each milestone of his life. I hope he enjoys Kindergarten.

Tracy said...

What a sweet tradition... and what a sweet little boy! Kindergarden already?! The time goes fast! So lovely little D enjoy this afternoon tea--and he does look pretty happy. How not to be happy with all the delicious food and tea?! ;) You have a special talent for marking memories, Marilyn... so good of you to share this special one with us. I hope D has a wonderful school experience and memories for his lifetime. ((BIG HUGS))

Joy said...

That's a great tradition, and I'm glad your adorable grandson was willing to give it a try. And I'm even more glad that he enjoyed it!

Margie said...

What a sweet way to celebrate this milestone. I'm glad that your grandson enjoyed his first tea outing.

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Marilyn, what a darling boy! AND a lovely way to start school. This brought up memories of me sitting in my childhood kitchen drinking tea with my English grandmother from about the age of two! We could never go out for afternoon tea as there was no place within 200 miles that served it.

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

What a fun time for your grandson, and for you, too. He sure is a cutie!

Adrienne said...

What a handsome little man! I love the photo of the two of your together but that wink was priceless!
~Adrienne~