Thursday, September 13, 2018

Turns to Magic

A full moon.
Roses! and Flowers!
A blue sky with fluffy clouds.
A sunset!
It could be that I have shared all of the above pictures before.
When sipping tea this week with friends we started talking about magic.
A time when words cannot describe the beauty around us.
When it takes our breathe away.
One of the guys in the conversation said that when this happened
it turned to magic, it was a dance without words.
So often I mention Dance here on my blog.
His words made me realize what I was talking about.
When words don't do justice to the beauty surrounding us.
Our heart leaps with JOY.

For some of my regular readers I can almost guess what takes your breathe away,
the magic of it all.

For Jeanie it might be seeing Harry flying over the ditch.
For Lorrie it might be a beautiful sunset from her boat.
For Mary it might be the sight of a wild animal somewhere in the world.
For Sheri it might be the smell of a newborn baby.
For Linda it might be a stroll through a beautiful historical garden.
For Tracy it might be a walk on a rocky beach or a new skein of yarn.
For myself it encompasses nature surrounding me.

What takes your breathe away?
When do you feel the magic?

5 comments:

Lorrie said...

What a delightful post. Magic is so often connected to the natural world, a world which we have little part in creating. Instead we recognize the work of the Creator of all and are in awe. For me, a sunset from the boat, or a walk in the garden, or the warmth of a grandchild snuggled next to me all add up to those moments of complete delight.

Tracy said...

This is sooo LOVELY, Marilyn! And yes, JOY for me often is a walk along the beach, or in raptures over a new skein of yarn--you got me pegged ;) LOL...Mostly nature takes my breath away... And I feel very close to God when outdoors, out in nature. I'm fortunate, living here in Norway, to witness some amazing nature all the time. Living by the coast, and within close proximity to other pretty coastal towns, the sea is a magic pull for me. And it's funny, because I can hardly swim, but I love the sea, and always have. Love all that you share here, so close from you heart, Marilyn--thank you! ((HUGS))

Red Rose Alley said...

Yes, things that make my heart sing are... the smell of my new grandbaby, that red rose you have shown here, spending time in nature, a good hot cup of coffee and a danish, a rainbow or a sunrise, and having my loved ones gathered around. Thank you for mentioning me here, Marilyn. Your pictures are peaceful and lovely. Have a splendid weekend.

~Sheri

Jeanie said...

You nailed my magic perfectly, Marilyn. That and the lake on a quiet evening, a painting that just works, a purring cat, so much.

I love each and every photo. And the words about the dance. Indeed, you have called it better than anyone, anything ever could. I may well revisit this post in times to come, just to find the magic again.

Steph said...

Magical views!