Friday, February 22, 2019

Teatime at Clockwork Rose

 A friend messaged me recently on Facebook and asked if I would like
to go to tea at Clockwork Rose in Beaverton, Oregon.
Now you know me well enough that I don't turn down a chance to go to tea.
Thus you could find me traversing the crazy traffic to meet a friend.
Clockwork Rose always has these cute little pies in the tiny tins.
There was a chicken potpie and a quiche, plus cucumber and egg salad sandwiches.
Then the wrap added a pretty touch of green to the plate.
I do love a good sausage roll, but I had never had one here.
It was good with a dab of mustard.
I had a hefty black tea that kept me awake a good portion of the night,
but I won't complain. I knew what I was doing. I take full responsibility.
I nibbled one scone with clotted cream and jam,
plus the creamy goodness in the glass at the top of the pyramid.
The other scone and sweets came home for another day.
Breakfast will include a sweet or two.

But most of all it is time spent with a new friend getting acquainted and chatting.
A time to linger over multiple cups of warm tea and delicious goodness.
Time well spent on a cozy Thursday afternoon.

12 comments:

Joy said...

Time well spent, indeed! There's nothing better than tea with a friend.

Bernideen said...

That looks delightful! There is no better way to relax, chat and enjoy!

Antiques And Teacups said...

How wonderful! So nice you were able to hook up and go. The menu looks wonderful, and lovely ambiance!
Ruth

mamasmercantile said...

It looks amazing and always better shared with a friend.

Jeanie said...

The service is so pretty and it looks delicious. What a fun day you enjoyed, Marilyn!

Thelma said...

A beautiful tea cup and teapot. All the goodies look so delicious. A nice outing to spend time with friends.

Memarge said...

Eveything looks delightful!

Louca por porcelana said...

Adorable Tea Time!Stunning teacup!

Mary said...

That's a really an over the top tea Marilyn - and all looks delicious!
I hope to be going out to tea in Devon soon - will have my share of fresh=baked scones and real Devonshire clotted cream, so have to lose a few pounds before I get there, ooooh!!!!!!

Rosemary said...

Lovely combination - afternoon tea and friendship! Thanks for sharing. I know I would enjoy this tea room.

Red Rose Alley said...

That is one of the prettiest tea cups I've seen, Marilyn, and I have a thing for blue tea cups. The food looks scrumptious, especially the green wrap. What a nice get together with your friend.

~Sheri

Tracy said...

Oooo... that top image is fabulous, Marilyn! And how lovely the food... mmm... LOVE the mini pies! A mini chicken pot pie...YUM! So nice you had a few leftover to take home so as to continue savoring the fun of the treats. So glad to go along with you! :) ((HUGS)) P.S. I didn't know there was a blue version of the Royal Albert Old Country Roses china pattern, Moonlight Rose, I think it's called??