Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Year of the Pig

 Happy Chinese New Year, the year of the Pig!


The Pig takes the last place on the zodiac list.
Some say he is rather lazy, but in reality he had to 
rebuild his house before he could join the group.
He is the sign of wealth and fortune.
Celebrate this year of the pig with a sip of tea in your cup.
Lift it high and sing a song of joy, for the pig does know
how to celebrate the simple things of life.

A bit of snow this week in the garden encouraged me to take tea to the garden.
A personal way to celebrate the new year.
The tea in the cups is Muzha Tie Guan Yin oolong.
One of my favorite oolongs from Taiwan's Muzha region. 
The tea table was surrounded by the tea growing in the garden.

Are you celebrating the Chinese New Year's?

7 comments:

Jeanie said...

Probably no celebration but oh, I love yours! It's so pretty with the snow!

mamasmercantile said...

No we don't bother but I really did enjoy yours. The snow really did enhance the setting.

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Marilyn, these photos are truly spectacular! Not sure I'm dedicated enough to do a photo shoot in the snow!

Lorrie said...

We don't, but the international students at our school had a big party and invited us all into the gym over lunch break. Entertainment, snacks, and tea! Fun! I love your snowy tea party. Gung he fat choy!

Mary said...

I noticed the beautiful floral and food offering for the new year at my nail salon this week. My Vietnamese gal also showed me photos of her display at their home with a photo and candles honoring her mother, who died much young of cancer, it was all very lovely.
Tea party in the the snow, brrr! Are you being snowed on like Seattle Marilyn?

Tracy said...

LOVE these frosty tea images, Marilyn... so beautiful! We've never celebrated Chinese New Year. I suppose because we've no one from the East in our immediate circle... but that shouldn't stop us, right?! ;) Happy New Year! ((HUGS))

Rosemary said...

OH. Love the contrast of the cold snow and the warm tea.