Friday, February 15, 2019

Walk on the Wild Side

Do you sometimes want to walk on the wild side?
What do you find?
Is it scary?
Invigorating?
And Adventure?

There is something for me that feels energy when I step off the path.
Yes, it is very scary, but I am so proud of myself when I do it.
Sometimes it is just a small step, but sometimes I gather up my brave girl self
and take a giant step toward something new.
It usually takes a lot of self talk, a deep breath, and then a huge jump.
The landing might be hard or if the way has been padded with good wishes
the path can be like falling onto the soft mossy ground.
And yes, sometimes we get hurt in the leap, but of course we will recover
and move on, make a new path.
As a young girl I was often up for taking a dare or was it a challenge.
I loved it!
I still love the challenge, the adventure, the anticipation,
the fall and especially the landing in the unknown.
As an older woman sometimes the fall scares me deeply.
I have become more cautious.
I know in my heart I must accept the challenge,
enjoy each day and find new adventures.
Sometimes they are just around the corner
and sometimes far away.

So take a walk on the wild side, challenge yourself!
Where will it take you?
Enjoy the adventure! 
Find laughter as you fall and open your heart to what is around you.
The unknown is only the unknown until you allow it to wrap you in it's arms.

Happy Weekend, dear friends!
Enjoy the challenge and adventure each day!

6 comments:

Mary said...

You know e, have been up for some pretty big adventures over the past years! Now, I find each day can often be a challenge just to do the normal daily things on that ever growing TO DO list! I found the past couple of months a challenge with my shoulder issue (sorry to keep harping on that!) because it restricted me a lot being my right side, and I'm right handed. An injection last week seems to have helped. . . . . . . a lot, thank goodness, and I now have a new lease on life and am able to do so much more without the pain, praise be!

My mini 'adventure' today? Nothing spectacular, however in bright sunshine and warm temps. I spent an hour working in the garden pruning the fig tree and doing some other trimming/clean up jobs, surrounded by daffodils opening and birds singing. Didn't go far but it was a happy time that's for certain.

Have a lovely weekend dear - we are due to have a lot of rainy days and cooler again.

Mary said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
mamasmercantile said...

I like to think of some of my pursuits as adventures. Life is one big adventure. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Linda P said...

Husband and I are rather set in our ways now and like a settled routine. We have some nice trips to look forward to in the coming days only due to the fact that they'll be spent with family here in the UK which motivates us to get out-and about. I'm glad you enjoy new challenges that energise you.

Jeanie said...

You are so inspiring. I'm not so sure I like to go on the wild side. Yet, I do love to explore. Maybe the term wild is relative to each person!

Tracy said...

Such FANTASTIC encouragement and inspiration, Marilyn! I do like a challenge, though not sure if I've called it wild before. The freedom to go a little wild, I think that. ;) Never too old to try something new, take a different path. If we stretch more, maybe the occasional fall hurts less? :) ((HUGS))