Friday, March 15, 2019

St. Patrick's Tea Time

 May the Leprechauns be near you
to spread luck along your way and
may all the Irish angels smile on you
on St. Pat's Day.
~Irish saying
When Irish hearts are happy
All the world seems bright and gay.
There'll be a tear in my eye and
I'll be wondering why if you don't
join me for a mighty craic and a 
cup of tay on St. Paddy's Day!
Wear something green and tell
an Irish joke and limerick.
Quotes from the book,Celtic Teas with Friends
by Elizabeth Knight 

Do you celebrate St. Patrick's Day with anything special?
Maybe a shamrock sitting on your desk
or a green cookie with your tea?
Recently I took a walk looking for those fairies
or at the very least a leprechaun;
but what I found was a sprinkling of snow
and a glorious array of snowdrops. 

Happy St. Patrick's, wearing of the green weekend
to you, dear friends!

7 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

We don't have any links to Ireland so don't celebrate St Patricks day but I do love to visit the blogs that do. The cup/saucer is stunning.

Mary said...

Oh yes, happy St. Patrick's Day dear Marilyn.

Such a stunning cut and saucer. I just posted on my afternoon cuppa (more like mugga!) but no delicious macarons or anything else baked or sweet - still on the lo-carb plan!!!!

If we get up early tomorrow we'll head into town for the parade - if we miss all that hullabaloo, will go to the Irish pub later (I favor the second choice!!!!!!).
Erin go Bragh
Hugs, Mary

Thelma said...

A beautiful cup and saucer.
I have a tiny bit of Irish in me. I love green so I decorate for St. Patrick's Day.
Happy St. Patrick's Day.

Lorrie said...

What a beautiful teacup in a most beautiful setting! We don't really do anything for St. Patrick's Day. I enjoy seeing how everyone else celebrates, though.

Jeanie said...

A perfect St. Paddy's post! Love the tea and cup and all the green. I'm off to make soda bread as soon as I finish some comments here. Half caught up on blogs from vacation. Corned beef tonight. No cabbage for this girl, though! And my shamrock is dying the typical painful death of any plant I bring inside... ah, life.

Red Rose Alley said...

Yes, I always celebrate the day, even if it's just putting a couple things out. My son brought me a bundle of green goodies, and they were Yummy. I love your St. Patrick's Day post, Marilyn. It's the first one I've seen today. And that green tea cup is gorgeous.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

~Sheri

Rosemary said...

The leprechauns have certainly been dancing among those snowdrops! Perhaps not while you were there, but once you turned your back to head home, they came out to play!