Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Cannon Beach, Oregon

Cannon Beach, Oregon is one of the closest beaches on the Pacific Ocean to
travel to from Portland, Oregon.
It takes about 1 1/2 hours to drive there.
When I would drive to my last job before retiring I would dream of driving there each morning.
There is a sand castle contest here each June 
and I hadn't been there for many years;
so off my "live-in gardener" went.
I was also inspired to take the drive 
because Victoria Magazine's most recent issue featured Cannon Beach.

Even  the children had fun making their own sand castles.


And of course you know me, I had to bring a cup of tea along.
Oh it tasted so good on that cool, sandy beach.
There was a stroll along main street.
And always salt water taffy.
I still have a few pieces here on my desk, yummmm!
The candy shop is painted like a candy box.
There are little nooks and crannies along the way
with places to sit and watch the people walking by.


Beach communities are fun to visit,
take a pause,
soak in the the sun,
walk barefoot on the sand,
visit a candy store or art gallery,
and just play.
One of my favorite escapes.

8 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Wow, those sandcastles were amazing. What a fun day out.

Linda Jennings said...

Sand sculptures amaze me. Looks like it was a wonderful day out.

Laura said...

Looks like so much fun! Cannon Beach is on my list to visit if I ever get to Oregon! :-)
blessings
~*~

Jeanie said...

NOw THAT is incredibly cool. I hope, really hope, that you show more of the castles. They're magical!

Angela McRae said...

Now I just love a sandcastle (that furniture made of sand makes me smile), and suddenly my mind is whirling at the thought of building a sandcastle tearoom or tea set. Wouldn't that be fun? But alas, no sand around here. Just red Georgia clay, which doesn't have quite the same vibe.

Red Rose Alley said...

I can never go around taffy without buying a bunch. Your pictures are really nice, Marilyn. I love the one with the red chair. And those sand castles are fun and different. Love the tea cup photo, that's so charming.

~Sheri

Tracy said...

Sooo much F-U-N!! Must say, my fave pic is the one with your teacup! ;) So good with play days like this! We need more of 'em! ((HUGS))

Rosemary said...

Such amazing sand castles! Love the feel of the beach community. Reminds me of the summers we used to enjoy in Rhode Island when my sister and BIL had a summer cottage there.