Friday, September 6, 2019

Just Around the Corner - Autumn

Recently I attended the Autumn show at my favorite antique mall.
I can't say I am ready for pumpkin spice, but the sign made me smile.
This show does get me in the mood and I begin anticipating the change of the season.
A cart full of pumpkins definitely sent my mind to warm woolen mittens, sweaters, and boots.
Applesauce cake with spices will soon be in my oven.
Then warm cozy soups for the cooler evenings are dancing in my head.
But first there are tomatoes to bring in from the garden.
Figs yet to ripen.
I think the squirrels have gotten most of the grapes now.
Some little squash that look like a cross between a squash and a pumpkin have been picked.
I noticed the beets are ready to pull from the ground
and soon the carrots will be ready too.
The time is harvest time, an over abundance of gorgeous things from the garden.
Are you making jams, canning fruit, or putting things in the freezer?
I have berries and apple pie filling there now.
A few pickled beets yet to be made.
Not sure what I will do with the figs.
Are you dreaming of cooler days with a chance to wrap yourself in something warm?
Enjoy the anticipation, but savor a few more summer days as we head into Autumn.

Happy weekend, dear friends!

3 comments:

Jeanie said...

I'm not ready for pumpkins yet. Got to ease into all that gently! But your photos are lovely!

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh yes, bring the pumpkins on, especially those orange ones. I haven't seen them at the stores yet, so I enjoyed seeing them here. The Autumn show sounds wonderful. Just my cup of tea, Marilyn. ; )

~Sheri

Red Rose Alley said...

Marilyn, the tea quote on my post today I got from YOU, so I wanted to thank you, again, for that. : ) Isn't it a great one?

~Sheri