Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Wolf Creek Inn, Oregon

Whenever I have taken my car on the road, traveling along Interstate 5 South,
I have noticed the exit for Wolf Creek, Oregon.
Just the name intrigued me, but I never stopped.
So as we traveled along the highway my "live-in gardener" wanted to find breakfast.
I suggested we stop at Wolf Creek and see if this historic inn served food.
We were not disappointed.

Here is what their website said about the Inn:
"Imagine yourself as a traveler along a section of the Applegate Trail in the late 1800's. You have just arrived by stage coach at the Wolf Creek Inn. This is a long-sought-after refuge from a not-so-comfortable journey over mountains and across valleys. After paying 75 cents for a room, bath, and meals, you're ready to relax. You sit down to a good meal and some easy conversation with the innkeepers or other guests. Afterwards, the men sidle off to the tap room for some quaffs of beer while the ladies adjourn to the parlor. The conversation drifts from tales of inspirational beauty to frightful experiences of the trail."

The Applegate Trail was an extension of the Oregon Trail going from the north part of Oregon down to California. For some reason I had never heard of this extension and it fascinated me.
Now I would like to learn more.
What I did learn was that it was a difficult trail because of mountains and trees to forge through.
The Ladies Parlor was where I could imagine sitting and sipping my afternoon tea.
There were even tea cups and tea pots in the parlor.
You know I would notice those.
From the little research I have done I found that there are ghosts about in the inn
and from time to time they have been seen or felt.
They even have ghost tours.

With breakfast completed we headed up the road to home.
A very pleasant stop along the way.

Now we are off on another three day adventure; 
so I will wish you well until next week.
Happy Autumn Days!!!
Are you enjoying Autumn as much as I am?
I am loving it so far!

4 comments:

Lorrie said...

What a delightful find along the road.

I made your Applesauce Cake last night and it is delicious! I froze one loaf for later and served a slice of the other for tea today. Yummy!

Enjoy your getaway.

Linda P said...

Place names are fascinating as they often give clues about the terrain or history of a trail or settlement. I'm glad you were intrigued enough to explore and find Willow Creek Inn on the Applegate Trail and learn more. You could imagine travellers taking a rest there. The parlour furnished in the old style is interesting.

Jeanie said...

75 cents a night! Ah, those were the days -- or maybe not! But it sure is lovely! Safe travels on your next adventure!

Tracy said...

Wow, what a good deal to stay at that inn, times past! What a beautiful place... I places like, filled with history. The history of the west is so interesting! Happy Travels, Marilyn ((HUGS))