Monday, September 2, 2019

Garden Quote 2019


There is an appointed time for everything. 
And there is a time for every event under heaven -
A time to give birth, and a time to die;
A time to plant and a time to uproot what is planted.
- Ecclesiastes, 3:1-2

 For some reason today I felt this verse was appropriate to my heart.

Feeling sad for some losses I have heard of this week,

for people that are hurting or living in fear whether it is

for the hurricane on the east coast of the US, as a immigrant,

or for the abuses of life.

I am thinking of you today, this day of labor when we take

knowledge of the work others do and honor you.

5 comments:

Mary said...

Well said dear friend. As we await the outcome of Dorian here on the east coast, we still feel for those in the Bahamas who have already felt the impact of yet another monster storm. Meanwhile, my second cousin in Northern Calif. has sent us good wishes and has fingers crossed for us. . . . . . . . .so kind, especially as she lost her home and just about everything she owned in the Carr (Redding ) fire last year!

Mary x

Red Rose Alley said...

What a nice post, Marilyn. I really liked everything about it. : )

Happy Labor Day.

~Sheri

Jeanie said...

I'm so sorry you are experiencing recent loss, Marilyn. I hope you will find some healing in due course. In the meanwhile, you share beautiful words and photos with us. Thank you for that.

Lorrie said...

Dear Marilyn,
Your words are lovely, and very apropos to a thoughtful, quieter mood. There is much sorrow in the world just now.
Hugs to you,

Tracy said...

This is BEAUTIFUL, Marilyn... I always appreciated your courage to wear your heart on your sleeve! It's been a terrible time with news of all sorts in recent days... And I'm so sorry you are hurting... ((LOVE)) There is power in prayer, I think! :) ((HUGS))