Friday, November 1, 2019

McKenzie River, A River Runs Through my Heart!

 There are many rivers in Oregon, but this is one of my favorites.
The drive in the autumn light is magical.
I love stopping by the Goodpasture Covered Bridge to snap a picture 
and enjoy the quiet of the day.
The low clouds in the hills just delight me.
The day just makes my heart sing.

"The river was beautiful and wise. There were the two of them being happy in a new way. For here, there was no man, no woman, no master, no yellow, no black, no white. We, we who were, we are the same no longer."    ~David Paul Kirkpatrick
"As the river surrenders itself to the ocean, what is inside me moves inside you."  ~Kabir
"The care of rivers is not a question of rivers but of the human heart." ~Shozo Tanaka

Caring for our rivers and the nature around us is so important.
Let us each cherish our surroundings,
the place where we have landed must delight our souls.

Happy weekend, dear friends!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome quotes! I love reading your thoughts! Both are very meaningful and so true!
Susan

Thelma said...


Nice quotes and lovely photos. A unique and beautiful bridge. Happy Weekend!

susan hemann said...

just lovely!!

Red Rose Alley said...

I saw these pictures earlier and couldn't comment cause I got distracted, but they are beautiful, Marilyn. The second one really got to me - it is everything Autumn. This river is so pretty. And I love what you said.... "the place where we have landed must delight our souls."

Happy November days, dear one.

~Sheri

Tracy said...

What a beautiful day out! This image is amazing, Marilyn...the autumn color, the mist, the bridge! I love covered bridges. I come from a place where there's quite a few of them, you have to go and find them, which is part of the fun, but they're there. Happy Autumn Days! ((HUGS))

Jeanie said...

This bridge is fabulous! And look at those fall colors and the fog. You were there at the perfect time. The photos are so lovely -- and I know your time there had to be even more so.