Thursday, January 16, 2020

Memories

 My home is filled with memories.
Each place I look I remember.
Recently I sat in this chair for tea and a carrot cupcake.
This chair I found about 35 years ago at an estate sale.
It sat in my garage for years waiting to be rebuilt.
My children borrowed it and their cats tore it further apart,
but still I couldn't get rid of it.
Finally it was refinished and I love sitting there for tea in the morning,
tea in the afternoon with a nap, or late night reading.
There are memories on the wall behind the chair too.
Quilt blocks from a friend and a poster from my uncle.
Oh yes, there are memories in my home.
Sometimes they are very little things too.
The silver timer I found my first trip to Paris.
It came from Fauchon, a lovely upscale shop.
Using it each morning reminds me of special times in Paris.

The little Darjeeling box was given to me with my first
visit to the World Tea Expo in Las Vegas, now quite a few years ago.
Sometimes I keep the tea I make from my own garden in that box now.

Yes, memories surround me.
Does your home hold memories?
Small treasures that remind you of a special moment in time?

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

I loved reading about - and seeing - some of your memories. Yes, my home is also filled with memories. A hanging lamp, a gift from my sweetheart, very early in our marriage - a surprise for our anniversary when we had agreed not to give gifts because we were in the process of buying our first home. Many things through the years from my children and special things that belonged to my mother. Many, many more. Too many to list at once but I often recall the special person and the memory when I see the things that were once part of them.
~Adrienne~

Adrienne said...

I loved seeing and hearing about some of your memories. I, too, have memories in my home. Special memories. Related to special people and places and times. Thank you for sharing some of yours. I'd love to see more.
~Adrienne~

Jeanie said...

You are so right about the memories and how things can trigger them. These are special indeed.

Tracy said...

LOVELY things that hold so many sweet memories for you, Marilyn! I think a good home is usually build with memories into it--the things we accumulate with time, the special things we hold on to through the years make a house a home. I find myself needing less things, and aspiring to a more quiet, minimal home interior... but a few treasures, must have! ;) ((HUGS))