Friday, April 24, 2020

Tea Time to Cheer Us




"I shouldn't think even a millionaire could eat
anything nicer than new bread and real butter
and honey for tea."

~Dodie Smith, from I Capture the Castle

Teatime recently felt so special with a gift of tea
from my daughter, a special teacup that had belonged to my
grandpa, and a fruit/nut bar made by my own hands.
We have had some lovely weather,
so outdoors I went.
Now dreaming of more outdoors teatimes,
but the rain has returned.
Each day is a guessing game here,
as I have a feeling it is there.
Springtime is sort of like that, 
but with world conditions it becomes even more so.
Take pleasure in the small things.
Savor and Delight!

Happy weekend, dear friends!
Sending love your way!

7 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

What a special tea time, Marilyn, with your Grandpa's tea cup and the gift of your daughter's tea. Your fruit/nut bar is just right to go along with the tea. I really like that quote, and it's true too. I can eat bread and butter for dinner, I love it so. And with a cup of tea, even better. ; )

Have a pleasant weekend, Marilyn.

~Sheri

Jeanie said...

Oh, that IS a special trip. How lovely of your daughter. Each day is a guessing game here, too. But we may as well celebrate those, and this you did. I love it.

Lorrie said...

I read a poem/prayer today that had a line in it, "entranced by the simple things" and I do like that. Yes, we must make of each day what we can.

Mary said...

A pretty setting with the 'fairy garden' - did you create that Marilyn?
Lovely china and I know that must be excellent tea from Mariage Fréres!

It's lovely Sat. morning here - bright sunshine and a slight breeze. Nothing planned for today other than a neighborhood walk later. A huge oak tree fell on a house on the street behind us yesterday late afternoon. Apparently the 80 yo lady who lived there was 'rescued' by her neighbors AS THE TREE WAS COMING DOWN!!!!!! It fell very slowly thank the Lord!
Last night we could hear the chain saws and tree grinders working overtime until well after midnight - will take a look today as there's not much else to keep us moving!

Enjoy your weekend dear friend.

Rosemary said...

Happy weekend, Marilyn! Lovely tea time during a unique point in time.
There's always tea to keep our spirits bright!

martea said...

Your grandfathers cup is lovely. And the MF Wedding Imperial brings back wonderful memories for me as a complementary glass of half champagne and half
chilled Wedding Imperial tea was served to me when I had tea at their shop in Paris some years ago. I love the hint of chocolate and caramel in that tea.

Tracy said...

What a BEAUTIFUL image, Marilyn... and how special the tea time! (What make is that fabulous cup?!) These days the "little" things mean sooo, sooo much more! I notice I am stopping to make tea more often! ;) ((HUGS))