Monday, April 27, 2020

Word for the Day - 2020

Whisper (Whispering)

Whisper is a hard word to picture with out people speaking closely.
But whisper is in the sound of a soft breeze blowing through the flowers and the trees.
It touches my face with the softness of butterfly wings.
It sings in my ear of the sounds of nature all around.
From Wikipedia: Whispering is generally used quietly, to limit the hearing of speech to listeners who are nearby; for example, to convey secret information without being overheard or to avoid disturbing others in a quiet place such as a library or place of worship.

I am the whisper in the wind,
in between meaning and the lines of understanding.
I am the shadow that stalks your dreams,
lost in between fantasy and reality.
I am the song, the heart that aches;
I am the tears that fill oceans,
the waves that break.
I am the nine of swords over lifetimes,
but I must trade each blade for a coin,
or so they say.
But you are my love, my breath, 

the light that soothes the darkness.
You are the beauty of the woods,
cool water in the scorching heat,
the life that runs through my veins.
You have always been.
And I will always wait.


by Raine D. on Poet's Unlimited 


Brush of something unseen against my cheek,
an angel touches me in a whisper of love.
I see the glimmer in the twilight hour
and know that you are near.
What whispers in your heart these days?
What sings to you of songs of hearts delights?
Come, my friend, walk with me
and listen to the whispers of the air.
Tell me, what do you hear?

~m.miller 

I have often said a whisper, a touch, a glimmer in the eye
is my guardian angel walking nearby. 

All pictures taken one year ago in this very week.

9 comments:

Sandi said...

Ahh...sweet

Red Rose Alley said...

Marilyn, you seem to come up with my favorite words. Whisper is an excellent word. I don't use it often, but when I do, it has much meaning. I love your poem, Marilyn, and especially the words after about your Guardian Angel. The photo of the white bench is so charming.

~Sheri

Jeanie said...

Marilyn, your poem is exquisite. Whisper is a wonderful word and oh, to walk and listen to the whispers of the air with you would be so special.

Lorrie said...

Whisper is a lovely word, even the way it sounds is soft and entrancing.

Linda P said...

You bring to mind beautiful thoughts with the word 'whisper'. A lovely blog post of poetry and photos.

mamasmercantile said...

So many images are dancing through my mind as I was reading this beautiful post. Whisper is such a wonderful word.

Tracy said...

Whisper... it's such a pretty, floaty, fog of a word. It's gone before your can say it. It's a beautiful word, and conjures up lots for the mind to feed on... Like your sweet poem! You always have the best way of expressing things--in work or image :) ((LOVE & HUGS))

Mary said...

I see your poem Marilyn and realize, yet again, you are such a special lady . . . . . . one whom I'm so lucky to know and have met in person. We really have to get together again some day, one day!
Lovely photos - always fun to compare days caught in different years, but somewhat unnerving when you see how quickly a year has passed by!

Will write you soon dear. Stay safe and be well.
Mary x

Ms. Ainee C. Beland said...

An ode to the wording 'whisper' and such is this tea company most applicable: https://www.whisperingpinestea.com/ or perhaps not; still a lovely word as in a breeze brushing by and bye!