Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Flowers Share in Teatime Delights


For me it is about treating myself well with teatime and enjoying the outdoors.
It is the experience of delight that touches my heart.
This week it was tea time between raindrops outdoors in the garden.
If you have been following me awhile, you know this about me.
I adore incorporating flowers into my teatime;
so I picked a bouquet from the garden.
Mostly it was one bloom from the tree peony.
There were 10 of these amazing blooms this year.
Then tucked to the side for fragrance were purple lilac.
Just the bouquet would make me happy, 
but tea food and a good cup of tea just made the day.
 There were sandwiches with cream cheese and a strawberry/kiwi flower,
rounds of toast with a trout* filling and violet,
then for the sweet was linzer cookies with ground up lemon herbal/tea in the dough
and apricot jam.
 Harney & Sons Darjeeling tea was the choice to sip.
*The trout was a tin from World Market that had been in the cupboard
awhile. Now why hadn't I eaten that sooner, it was delicious.
So glad I had two tins, now I can do this again.
 It was the perfect way to celebrate an ordinary day made special
with tea in the garden under the arbor of roses beginning to bloom.


8 comments:

Terra said...

Yes, a perfect way to celebrate an ordinary day and transform it into a special day. I want to join you for tea, the strawberries look so cute on the sandwiches, and Harney is a favorite tea brand of mine.

Jeanie said...

I love your set up and it all looks delicious. So was the live in gardener your special guest? The trout sounds great!

Lady Linda said...

Dear Marilyn, you have the most amazing garden and tea place. I just love seeing all your photos and posts. It brings me joy.

Bernideen said...

How wonderful to set up this sweet tea. That looks delicious and love the bouquet too! Our weather turned cold today - 55 degrees and we had lots of rain so we feel cold again now!

Lorrie said...

The tree peony flower is stunning! What a delightful tea time set up -and the goodies look scrumptious.

mamasmercantile said...

It all looked so wonderful and tasty. The setting was a delight I do so wish I could join you.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful

Sandi Magle said...

How simply lovely---hoping to have something lovely soon. We have Daffy's blooming and nothing else yet in North Chicagoland. I love the cloth--looks like one of those wonderful pulled thread antiques, handed down. Thanks for inspiring and sharing...grins! Sandi