Thursday, August 20, 2020

Tea in the Garden

Realizing that summer is fleeting I decided to take tea in the garden on a couple occasions recently.
As I sat exploring a very old book on local wildflowers I sipped Kim Tuyen black tea
from Harney and Sons.  It is a lovely morning tea grown in Viet Nam. I quite like it,
but sometimes hard to find. Oatmeal cookies was the perfect addition to the sipping.
Recently I found the Lemon Cyprus tree at Trader Joe's and it just had to come home with me.
Don't you think it will be pretty at Christmas with miniature twinkle lights?

                              The second tea time was sitting near the garden house in the garden.                         For that tea time there was pineapple upside down cake, a favorite of mine since I was a young girl.

 The tea was another lovely black tea from China this time. It was Wild Lapsang from Wuyi Origins.

 Both of these teas are fairly new to my stash and will satisfy my tea craving as we head into Autumn.

As the weather cools in September I may need to move into the garden house, but for now outdoors delights me.
The wicker table is a fairly new find at the local antique mall.  It normally sits in my studio/office.  I thought it was perfect for tea in the garden.


 What are you doing to celebrate the waning days of summer? Is there an adventure in your garden? A walk in the park? It seems like we need to be creative these days. Go out and soak up a bit of the outdoors this weekend for soon we will be dancing in the rain.

Happy Weekend, dear friends!

PS : Ugh! The formatting is a real pain these days on Blogger. Hoping it gets better soon.

6 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

A walk around the garden and the garden room pottering is on the agenda for today whilst I reminisce about our trip to see family. The beautiful tea you have set has prompted me to do the same...afternoon tea in the garden, what a treat.

Jeanie said...

I'm savoring every outdoor second until we are thrust inside in late fall and all winter. This is such an inviting scene, Marilyn. It's so very tranquil and peaceful. And it sounds delicious too!

Rosemary said...

What very special tea time adventures in the garden. Such beautifully coordinated experience! Enjoy these warm summer days in the garden as the seasons transition from one to another!

Laura said...

Your little tea table is perfect! I would love to find something like that for my patio garden. I'm a fruit and herb tea girl. I can't see to acquire a taste for the black teas. But I keep trying occasionally. You lemon cypress tree is adorable and I can see why you would bring it home. I'm enjoying the cool nights we are having and sleeping with my bedroom window up. Have a wonderful weekend.
blessings
~*~

Linda P said...

The teatime scenes in your garden give a sense of tranquility and wellbeing. I would enjoy being with you, sipping tea and cake. Trying new tea flavours would be interesting. We had a day of strong winds yesterday, but today all is calm and sunny. Just the kind of day for sitting in our garden. We make the most of late Summer days in the company of our daughter who will be returning home at the end of the month and to teacher duties as she starts back to a new school term which will be challenging in these times of keeping staff and young children safe in the learning environment during a pandemic.

Red Rose Alley said...

Your photos are a delight to see. And your yellow tea pot and tea cup is lovely. Now, I want to get a yellow tea cup for myself haha. The pineapple upside down cake looks moist and Yummy. Haven't had that in awhile. The lemon Cyprus tree is so cute, and Yes, it will be nice with Christmas lights this year! I love how you make yourself a cup of tea and goodie and set up a wonderful table to sit outside and just appreciate life. You are, indeed, a good person, Marilyn.

~Sheri