Monday, August 17, 2020

Word for the Day - 2020

 Walking

from Wikipedia - Walking (also known as ambulation) is one of the main gaits of locomotion among legged animals. Walking is typically slower than running and other gaits. Walking is defined by an 'inverted pendulum' gait in which the body vaults over the stiff limb or limbs with each step. This applies regardless of the usable number of limbs—even arthropods, with six, eight, or more limbs, walk.

I find great joy walking with my grandson, but most of the time he is running ahead. I am amazed I even found a picture of him just walking and not running.

During this pandemic I have found walking to be both good for my body and meditative.

Most often my walks are in my neighborhood. This is a house I love walking past. The lavender smells so good and I just love admiring the ascetics of the garden and even the paint choices on their house.

 These are my adventures staying close to home.

Walking just satisfies my soul.

Yet, with the hot weather lately I do try to avoid it, I know I must walk.

What are you doing to satisfy your soul?

6 comments:

Jeanie said...

You live in a beautiful neighborhood! To satisfy my soul I am painting, swimming and walking. All lovely!

Laura said...

I've been taking little strolls through my neighbourhood at dusk. Watching the sunset and the first stars peek out.
blessings
~*~

Red Rose Alley said...

"Walking" is a wonderful word, Marilyn. That house is so charming, and I love how you took the photo from an angle and showed the lavender. I bet it smelled so good walking by. It's great that you walk, Marilyn. I'd like to walk more too, but with the weather as hot as it's been, I have stayed inside. : )

~Sheri

Linda P said...

Our weather is so changeable I have to consider this when thinking of taking a walk. Finding new places to walk close to home is satisfying. Flowers in gardens change as the days go by. Mostly I enjoy walking in a woodland setting or by a stretch of water. Interesting architecture in buildings or even a wall catches my attention. I walk on my own. It must be special walking with your grandson.

mamasmercantile said...

I can see why you would choose to walk past that stunning home. The lavender is a delight and must smell divine as you walk past.

Rosemary said...

That bed of lavender is simply amazing. It must be so fragrant to stroll past there rustling the leaves and blossoms to release the aroma.