Friday, October 2, 2020

Another Walk

A few days ago I walked with my camera in my neighborhood.

The signs people shared on their sidewalks and yards touched my heart.

The sign above was my favorite. I do believe "We are all related".

The more I walk, the more I have traveled I believe this and wish for all people to be able to travel and see this truth.

Then there are murals too. Some rather bazaar and some that made me smile.
Some are just plainly graffiti, but intriguing.
I don't mind some graffiti, but wish they would leave artist murals alone.
Even power boxes are not left untouched.
And in this time of COVID people are sitting on porches to visit with people passing by.
Once we get through this time there will be indeed "A New Beginning".
And this says so much!
I wasn't sure what this sign meant, but there was an ice cream shop nearby.
Was it meant that even zombie's head for ice cream? Ha!
I know I headed there.
Just a sweet horse on a wall of ivy. You just never know what  you will find.
And finally, I was impressed that even the artists put their spray cans in a garbage can.
Everywhere was art/graffiti, even down this alley.
It is an active art community for sure and it always fascinates me when I walk this way.
Most often I watch for nature, but every once in the while I just like to see what these artists are doing.

And yes! in the end "Love wins".
Happy weekend, dear friends!
 

6 comments:

Mary said...

Such a colorful, thought-provoking walk Marilyn. Street artists
are fine as long as they keep away from private property. Sadly graffiti is often way out of line and I shudder when I see lovely places marred in horrendous ways by spray cans!

Enjoy the weekend - we are having fine weather at last and it's so good to be outside in really fresh air.


Linda P said...

Sometimes it's good to walk in another direction and see a different aspect of a neighbourhood. You've shared some interesting images and at least the words are positive. I should think that having a porch where one can sit and see people passing by is a good and social way of living.

mamasmercantile said...

Such a vibrant area for a walk, thought provoking for sure.

Jeanie said...

I think I'd really love your neighborhood!

Tracy said...

LOVE WINS... AMEN!! LOVE has got to win. I keep setting my heart on that hope, and we gotta have hope! LOVE this walk around with you, Marilyn... When we stop and look, there are little (and big!) love note everywhere! ((HUGS))

Red Rose Alley said...

You saw so many interesting things on your walk. I'm glad you took your camera along. My favorite one was "love wins." And what a great reminder, isn't it?
I know what you mean, Marilyn. Most of the time I look for the beauty in nature, but there are wonderful things to see on the streets of our towns.

~Sheri