Saturday, May 22, 2021

Lilacs

 Recently I walked through Hilda Kluger's lilac gardens in Woodland, Washington

The wisteria arbor always makes me smile when I walk through the gate entering these gorgeous gardens. Then beside lilacs there are so many beautiful sights with each turn of the head.




But we came to see lilacs and lilacs we saw.
I wish I could remember their names, but I just went to savor their beauty and fragrance.
I could tell you this one above this sentence is my favorite, but each is my favorite.


Aren't they amazing?

With each sighting, each sniff of the nose, and each delight it feels like we are sipping flowers, just as this fairy is doing. Sipping flowers is pure decadence!
Just yesterday I did indeed sip flowers for I made elderflower cordial from my own garden. Have you ever made a cordial from flowers? OH MY! Try it sometime, it is just taking the feast for the eyes and filling your soul with the sweet fragrances of springtime. Lilacs is another flower that makes a lovely cordial. I use Jamie Oliver's recipe, which I found online; but there are plenty of recipes to be found and actually quite easy. Then I freeze the cordial in small containers for deliciousness of flowers later throughout the winter.

Hoping you are having a delightful, flower filled weekend.
Happy weekend, dear friends!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How beautiful! I can almost smell them just by looking at your photos! I didn't know of Hulda Klager so I looked her up! Thank you for introducing me to her! If I ever find myself in WA or OR in the springtime, I will definitely visit the Hulda Klager Lilac Gardens! Susan

Linda P said...

I look forward to the lilac season each year. This year we have had a cold and rainy May and everything in the garden that we usually see at this time is late blooming including the lilacs. You were blessed to be able to walk through that special garden and see so many varieties of lilac. Thank you for coming by my blog and leaving a kind comment. Hugs.

Jeanie said...

I would say Hilda does it very well! They are gorgeous gardens and oh, what a heady scent that had to be. I love it. I can't breathe for anything with it, but it doesn't stop me from bringing them in the house when I can! Gorgeous in every way!

Red Rose Alley said...

The lilac gardens are beautiful. I would love to take a stroll through there and take in their sweet scent. These are really lovely pictures, Marilyn.

~Sheri

R's Rue said...

So pretty. Thank you for sharing the beauty you find with us.